1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ex-abortionist and Planned Parenthood Employee Speak Out

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 7, 2019.

1. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Me coming back to this thread after a day of being gone

7082BB05-D2E9-4A18-AF23-A3F9D2729FA3.gif

2. I didnt think you were attacking me at all (apart from the suicide comment). I was simply responding to your statements.

Yeah, I do want an apology, and clearly you arent going to give one, so that's fine. Whatever. That was an incredibly unfair statement for you to make when I said absolutely nothing. Any reasonable adult should say "I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. You didn't say that suicide was ridiculous, I misread your statement and I apologize for implying you said something so horrible when you didnt." But you cant seem to do that for some reason. That doesnt seem reasonable to me, but whatever. You do you.

I'm upset because I just lost a friend to suicide very recently, and you basically said that I was calling suicide ridiculous and saying that it's not important or valid to even talk about. Which I never said. And no, you didnt say "if." But whatever.

I was responding to your statements. You're the only one between the two of us who is getting all mad and acting like we are arguing. I was just responding. What am I supposed to do when you ask a question? Not reply? I'm not arguing with you about anything apart from your inability to apologize when you were so clearly wrong and completely misread what I said. It's not that hard to do. Most people would easily apologize for that, especially after me telling you about my friend and realizing that it's a sensitive subject.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  3. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

You said "i agree, BUT" all but the last one

No, we just responded to your question

with a lot of loaded language that suggested you already had an opinion on the question

There is a difference between saying "I agree now" and saying "I have been agreeing"
    you too

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. @brilliantidiot You obviously haven't studied eschatology!

Jesus of Queensland said abortion is murder. I didn't bring it up, he did.

5. brilliantidiot

what are you even talking about?

6. Eschatology

7. The video you posted and the subsequent conversation was, and still is, completely off topic. Just because someone mentions Jesus doesnt mean any other Jesus-related conversation is now "on-topic." Obviously.

8. Christian Fox

Christian Fox Fapstronaut

There wasn't even a mention of Jesus, just a reference to 'God's laws'. Although I understood it as a reference to the Christian God as well, the pure wording even allows ancient paganism behind the expression.

But back to the topic of this thread:
    I agree that abortions are murder and should be illegal, but there's one thing with regards to Kenzi's point about child diseases that nobody here considered: that wouldn't be half as big a problem, if you had national health insurance in the US of A.
    The child would be taken care of by father state.
    Over here in Germany we have it and it's great.
    But abortion is messing with this. Nowadays in Germany it is safer not to let your unborn child be tested for genetic defects, because, depending on your health insurance, they might demand that the child be aborted if it's diagnosed to be expensively ill. Else they won't support you raising your child.
    Don't make no mistake: abortions are illegal in Germany. They're just unpunishable. Which is the same as making them legal.

9. Oh my gosh, that's awful and disgusting :(

Christian Fox likes this.
  10. Imnatty7

Imnatty7 Fapstronaut

holy fuck so much this, its always the right against the left, always the same sheeps following the medias who open their loud mouth, then a whole lot of normal people take it for granted if its part of their ideology (and how they were raised), even the fact that there's a left and a right is fucking idiotic, if you are okay with one view you have to be okay with all the other ones about other topics, then ignorance about the other politicals views become hate, people of the right are "racists" and people of the left are all "triggered npcs" its fucking idiotic and I'm sure was made to divide us so higher ups in the society can keep the power.

11. It isn't always. Listen to The Faith Angle podcast and you'll hear two liberals who are pro-life... In fact, a number of liberal Christians are pro-life.

12. brilliantidiot

That has never made sense to me, supporting a party that supports abortion as a person who opposes abortion.

13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

A party and an ideology are two different things.

14. I support a lot of liberal ideas, but definitely not that one. This is why labels are dumb and too narrow.

15. Yes definitely, but surely if you were pro life, you couldn’t vote Dems because it would be a deal breaker? That’s how I see it anyway.

16. As long as Pro-Life is explicitly tied to Christianity in the public consciousness, it's going to be hard to get people to critically examine the popular acceptance of / nonchalance towards abortion. A lot of people just don't have the time / spare energy / inclination to look into everything in depth, and so relying on things like considering if the person saying xyz is someone worth listening to- a logical fallacy but a necessary pragmatic step, at least some of the time, in many people's eyes. When someone believes that an all powerful, single God intelligently designed a universe in which suffering and cruelty are the key drivers of the natural world, but he is benevolent...it's understandable that other people might consider them somewhat unhinged and not worth listening to.

keep fighting

17. One of my parents told me that their mother was being tempted by others to have an abortion, because she already had too many children to feed, and believe me, times were really hard in my country at that time. Since I'm writing this, you can guess what was her decision. I even have a sibling now. I'm happy that I can live and be a husband and a scholar.

Killing people is just wrong, no matter if you're an 'enlighted' liberalist or 'dim-witted' religious person. Like someone said, it's funny that all pro-abortionists are people who were already born.
    To think that woman womb is supposed to be the safest place in the world where a human being can develop, and nowadays it's the place where most people die. No respect for life. A lack of responsibility. Making sure that only my life will be successful, without thinking about others (a description of an addict, by the way). Deciding that a child's life will be terrible before it's even born instead of trying one's best to make it happy. As much as I love this world and everything that's beautiful in it when I think of murdering people... I can't find words.

18. Maybe some of them hate themselves or had a really hard childhood... that's no excuse for their beliefs or actions of course but some of them should probably be shown some empathy since we never we really know another person's situation but other than that you wrote a great post.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2019
  19. There are plenty of Republican candidates who don't seem to care much about abortion. They might be "pro life" but it's obviously not a priority for the., al if I disagree with them on everything else, then I'm not going to vote for them.

Case in point, Donald Trump. If he cared about abolishing abortion as much as he cares about that damn wall, then maybe I would support him just because of that. But he doesnt really seem to care. Its clearly not a priority for him at all.

20. brilliantidiot

I get what you mean, I guess I tend to prioritize pro life, and trump is much more pro life then, for instance, hillary clinton.