1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Yassineopter, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Yassineopter

Yassineopter Fapstronaut

I want ask your opinion my friends if is it preferred to go to a psy ? because I feel not good i has no plaisir or desire in life like a zombie

2. One Strong Girl

One Strong Girl Fapstronaut

I don’t really understand all of what you said, but I assume you feel sducidal/depressed and ask if you should see a psychiatrist? If so ,then you should get help.

Yassineopter likes this.
  3. 1 Tes. 4:3

1 Tes. 4:3 Fapstronaut

Probably going to a psychologist may help, yes.

Yassineopter likes this.
  4. One Strong Girl

Amm “suicidal” is what I meant.

Yassineopter likes this.
  5. Yassineopter

Yassineopter Fapstronaut

Thanks for your reply
    I'm not an English good speaker this is why you don't understand all what i said so
    Did you go to a psy before ?
    For me it will be my second time because I used pills in the past (Antidepressants) and I didn't want to do it again.

6. Yassineopter

Yassineopter Fapstronaut

Hello my friend and thanks for your reply
    I love people who try to help
    Did you visit a psy before ?

7. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

You can visit an psychologist, it helps to seek professional help sometimes.

If you don't want to be on medication let them know. Ask them for advice, and activities which you can practice to better yourself.

I've seen an psy for about 9 months. It wasnt until I felt so negative about myself that I turned the conversations into talk about wanting to be on meds. Big mistake...

Yassineopter likes this.
  8. Yassineopter

Yassineopter Fapstronaut

Hello my friend and thank you for your reply
    Please tell me what did you mean by big mistake
    For me i work (my job make me sick) and i go to gym and i go to the university all this just to get out of the black hole (depression) but nothing works still alone nervous
    When I used medicines before It helps me to become more productive and more social but with a great risk
    I which you understand me

9. One Strong Girl

You’re welcome and don’t worry about your english. I’m not a native speaker either.
    I’ve never been to one, but I believe that it’s impor rant to seek help from others when we aren’t feeling well.

Like the other member said, let them know you don’t want to be taking medication and see if therapy would help.
    I wish you all the best.

Yassineopter likes this.
  10. 1 Tes. 4:3

1 Tes. 4:3 Fapstronaut

I have not been to a psy, but have friends that are psychologist and I am positive that they do help.

In fact, only to be heared by a person that pays attention and has wisdom to help usually is very helpful. I have not been to psychologist, but have had that persons who hear in my life, and that helps a lot. The main person that hears and helps for me is God actually (Philippians 4:6-8)

Yassineopter likes this.
  11. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

I went in with the mindset of looking for an quick fix. So I asked about antidepressants and decided to give it an try. I hated it, I felt like an zombie. I existed, but couldn't feel things emotionally. Because of my negative mindset I set myself up for failure. If I feel negative about myself I act negative towards myself, and about others. If I stay positive i act more positive towards myself, and others.

I started putting myself around positive people. Getting rid of toxic people. I started to implementing some advice given to me. Like when i was nervous talking to people. Instead of making direct eye contact I now look in between the eyes until I felt more comfotable.

justafriend and Yassineopter like this.
  12. Yassineopter

Yassineopter Fapstronaut

Hello friends this is me again hhh
    Your help makes me happy and know that there is people around the world helpful thanks a lot

1 Tes. 4:3 and Marik757 like this.