1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hallucination, Sleep Paralysis etc.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LonelyDude21, Oct 15, 2018.

1. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Maybe you should actually describe your "torture". I might think twice if the consequences are heavy. Also thanks for the reccomendation of the book.

2. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

It's a bit apples and oranges to compare. Mine was a long term chronic deprivation of sleeping only 3-4 hours a night sometimes for weeks at a time. Off and on for years. My wife had some serious problems with mental illness. It's a very long story. This is an entirely different issue than 6 days straight and done. I suppose I question if the risk/reward would be worth it. But that's your call to make.

My consequences are that now I simply cannot sleep like a normal human being anymore. I fall asleep very easily at night. But I only sleep from 3-5 hours and then I am wide awake. Then I might sleep in bits and pieces thru the rest of the day. Or be dying to go to sleep at a time when life demands I have stay awake and keep grinding. It almost never adds up to a full 8 hours. I know it doesn't sound like much but it really sucks living like this in a world where everyone else is on more or less the same clock. When I wake in the middle of the night I can often get back to sleep with a couple of shots of vodka. But that is not a very healthy choice. Melatonen, valerian, all the herbs, tried everything. None of them helped. I only very recently began using a self hypnosis program that is supposed to help. That is showing some promise. But I am no where near ready to say problem solved.

3. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Basically Insomnia right? That's what i said in one of my posts. But hmmm, i know insomnia isn't something cool to get, but i'm going to have a long term (2 months) holiday. Anyway i would always not sleep the night because that's just what i do during holidays. But usually the only thing i get is the change my of my body clock, but that will only take a few days for me to reset to my normal sleep days. Before i start school, i could probably find a way to reset my bodyclock or cure insomnia(If i get it). There's always a cure for something, except diseases like cancer or hiv. And of course, i'll research on insomnia more before i start this 6 days since that it sounds like you're really being tormented from this problem. So maybe i might reconsider not sleeping for 6 days if there is really no cure for insomnia. As for you, i hope that you can find a cure as soon as possible and free from your torture that you experience everyday.

4. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

Lucid dreams feel very odd. Sometimes you can feel your physical body and you notice that your face is scrunched up, or that you are grinding your teeth but you can't stop it (this is sometimes uncomfortable actually, but easily ignored). It feels very much like real life, and looks deceptively like it once the vividness of your dreams increases, but I imagine that it's different for everyone.
    You can definitely feel physical sensations in your dream, very intense ones actually.
    Lucid dream sex is actually quite difficult, you'll probably try it quite soon, it's not that easy to start it, after all. But to actually stay lucid is difficult, as it is very exciting, and excitement in a dream makes you wake up. Can't say I haven't tried it quite a few times though :^)
    Right now I am just trying to get clear lucid dreams, by using grounding techniques such as rubbing the hands, demanding clarity in the dreams, and instead of flying around just about anywhere which is what I usually did, I now just stay in one place and try to make it as clear and detailed and real as possible, I will also meditate here and there, and try other meditative practices.
    Sometimes I just talk to dream characters, or ask them questions.
    Sometimes I let go and say, just let stuff happen to me, anything is fine. Usually something interesting happens.

5. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I had this dream before. I was dreaming about myself cumming. But literally i did cum in my pants too. I wouldn't call it a lucid dream since like that dream didn't even last for 5 secs. I just thought of me just cumming without actually moving my hand. It's more like a picture than a video. This actually happened a couple of times too. Anyway, to experience lucid dreams, do i need to feel relaxed, chill, calm or stress, angry and sad?

6. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

Relaxed. If you want to dream you need to sleep, if you want to sleep you need to be relaxed.
    Sex dreams can happen a lot when rebooting or not cumming in the first place.

7. Just a thought but if you eventually do get sleep paralysis, don't come crying back here if it scares you shitless. You may end up not being able to sleep instead of not wanting to. Careful what you wish for...

Deleted Account and Coffee Candy like this.
  8. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I'm aware of that. But knowing that did not scare me. I'm more afraid to get diagnosed with dementia as it has no cure. One of it's possibility to get is from sleep deprivation.

9. Ripples16

Ripples16 New Fapstronaut

I have had a experience tonight and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it . I woke up and it wasn’t an OBE because I couldn’t see myself but I know it wasn’t a dream . My body was so heavy and when I managed to try and get up nothing electrical like lights were turning on and I was seeing family members. One of them being my mum who’s currently in a hospice so there’s no way shed be at home , Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar

10. If you're wanting to experience lucid dreaming, you don't need to deprive yourself of sleep. There are other ways to experiment with that. Look up Andy Warski Lucid Dreaming on YouTube. That's where I first heard actual tips on how to lucid dream, and I have had many lucid dreams since watching it. Lucid dreaming isn't the same as sleep paralysis and hallucinations though.

11. In my early mid 20's I went though a period of about a year where I had episodes of sleep paralysis. It was scary AF the first time! Even after I figured out what it was and that it was harmless it still freaked me out when it happened. I really thought I was either dead or some demonic force was after me and I don't even believe in that stuff. You're consciously awake, you can see, but you can't move or feel physically. You can feel emotionally though and it feels like the weight of the world is suffocating you. It is not pleasant.

12. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Nah, mines different. I just dream casually for a while, then shit get really random and weird. Not scary or terrifying. Just really surrealistic.

13. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I posted this on the start of my holidays.
    Now i still have school. And my long-term holiday is nowhere near within a month or two. I did try it though. I managed to reach 42 hrs. But eh, i didn't hallucinate unfortunately. I slept because i was too bored. Anyway, yes paralysis and hallucinations aren't the same. But whatever it is, i just want to do something to experience the "fun".

14. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

.I've never experience a nightmare or sleep paralysis. All this while i've been watching horror movies (like almost everyday), and i also play horror games too sometimes (or i would watch a gameplay at youtube), i also watch gory, freakish stuff too on the dark web. And i just can't have a nightmare or experience sleep paralysis. Maybe paranoid sometimes but still no bad dreams.

15. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

funny enough, i has sleep paralysis last night. Luckily whenever i have SP i don't hallucinate.

16. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I really want to experience sleep paralysis. i just got this really urging temptation to see paranormal stuff.
    I just keep watching horror movies before i sleep, hopefully one day i'll get nightmares. Any horror movies u watch u can hit me up with some.