1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hang in there gents, the rewards are well worth the journey

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by hold152, Feb 2, 2019.

1. hold152

hold152 Fapstronaut

Hey guys I wanted to share something that I hope will be of encouragement for you all. Currently I am working on achieving 90 days of nofap for the first time in my life. I had a previous streak of 54 days but had to reset because of edging and seeing P very briefly even though I told myself not to.

However even though I have had to reset, I still see rewards of beginning this journey. I used to be the guy who would watch P everytime I had some downtime and nothing better to do and masterbating.

But when I finally decided to get serious about nofap, I also made other plans simultaneously to become a better, more productive person overall. I've started doing calisthenics, I enrolled in the local career college, I eat way more healthy than I used to, I bought a real estate course on investing and started working on that every day, and I even go out of my way to network and meet new people which I never used to do before. I feel myself becoming stronger within day after day and I have a new found resolve and determination to be a better person and to reach my full potential.

Another cool benefit to all this is that I really am starting to get better being around women. I used to have bad social anxiety around girls and was never really that good at socializing with them when I was in high school and college. But I have gotten better at this too thankfully. I'm not used to it, but I am starting to notice women seem to take me more seriously now and they want to talk to me, which was unheard of when I was in my teens and early 20s.

Bottom line is, keep it up gentlemen. The rewards are absolutely worth it!

2. Kudos to you sir!
    Recognizing this as a serious problem and stopping at nothing to beat it now is the best gift you can give yourself and your future family. Stay at it. Know this decision will face challenges and the temptations are always lurking.
    You have taking really good steps to put positive things in your life to replace your old ways of coping with reality. Those old ways are behind you. Defend the ground you have gained as though your life depends on it. In a very real way, it does.

3. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

One day you'll look back at yourself and be like "wtf that was me?"

hold152 likes this.
  4. hold152

hold152 Fapstronaut

Yeah man for sure, that is exactly what it feels like. Do you have a similar experience? It sounds like you know more about this than I do. I would love to hear more about it.