1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Veganism or omnivore?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LonerWolf, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Dblst

Dblst Fapstronaut

"the Okinawans, they eat primarily pork and fish, not plants"
    no, they don't. every source i've come across suggests otherwise. where are you getting your information from?

"Attempting to put an infant on a vegan diet will kill the infant."
    feeding a baby breastmilk from its mother is vegan and natural. are you stupid?

"If meat is the cause of heart disease, cancers, and diabetes, explain how the Eskimo thrive in the extremely cold climate they live in with no ability to grow plants in ice, only consuming fish and whale."
    they're not. they have high incidence of heart disease and low life expectancy.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12535749

DeservedCriticism, you deny the existence of populations who primarily eat plants in blue zones and the existence of bodybuilders and athletes who are vegan. you are a prime example of somebody who filters information to fit a belief system

HegHeu and ClaritySeeker like this.
  2. Dblst

Dblst Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]this is what i eat at school

I'mJustAChoice, Meep and HegHeu like this.
  3. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

Yes, this is correct. Semi-vegiterianism is a plant-based diet ("the majority of food consumed is derived from plants"). Legumes are beans. So longest living/healthiest/happiest people are plant-based, not meat-based. Okinawans are 70% carbohydrates (purple yams).

4. Dblst

Dblst Fapstronaut

5. Dblst

Dblst Fapstronaut

6. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Most of them WERE articles. Some with references to scientific studies of which none came to the conclusion that eating meat is healthier than eating vegan.

I am very capable of holding a meaningful conversation with you. I think you're the problem.

There are basic scientific facts. For example. Elevated LDL-Cholesterol is the main culprit for heart disease. This is, as of now, considered a scientific fact. You need to provide actual evidence to refute this point. What you came up with came to the same conclusion.

7. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Omg. Some people are incapable of learning. I told you before that Mother's breast milk IS vegan. You don't understand the concept of veganism. Maybe, before you try to argue with vegans, you should try to understand what Veganism actually is.

1898? This is the best you can come up with? You're just pathetic. Clinging to even the most worthless piece of information to confirm your own bias. How about you learn from some modern doctors who were actually able to cure Diabetes typ 2 like Dr. Neal Barnard who I've mentioned before? But no, you'd rather keep living in your delusion in which the world is the way you want it. You are a poor human being.

I've explained this before. Low life expactancy.

They just have low rates of heart attacks because of their high consumption of omega 3 fatty acids. But they still have heart disease. + they have genetic adaptations to their environment making them more suitable to survive there. Still they are not an example of good health.

https://www.google.de/search?q=vega...pojgAhWEmbQKHX8QCu0Q_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=910

I've got to tell you. I have debated many keto, anti vegans, low carbers etc. But you have been by far the most ridiculous. You're totally incapable of learning anything. Dunning Krueger at it's best.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Deleted Account and HegHeu like this.
  8. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

You do know that semi-vegitarian means that someone consumes meat from time to time right?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  9. ClaritySeeker

Yes, I've been a proponent of a plant-based diet (same as semi-vegetarian). I've already explained that a measly 10% of the the Blue Zone diet is from meat. You understand that, right? It's not a meat-based diet that's getting them to be so healthy. They are having meat like once a week and it's a small piece, it's for celebrations etc. Not like the diets that others on here are saying are healthy - carnivore or meat-based. Also, a portion of the Adventists are completely vegan and they are the healthiest ones in their community. Does that make sense now?

10. Dblst

Dblst Fapstronaut

11. ClaritySeeker

So my mistake, not even 10%, it's more like 4% not vegan...AKA Plant-based

12. Meep

Meep Fapstronaut

Omnivore balance it oug

13. Gladiatori

Gladiatori Fapstronaut

i am vegan

14. It's undeniable that we are omnivores. Some vegans argue that we couldn't hunt a zebra with our bare hands and teeth, but we can catch a small lizard and chew the life out of it, we can eat insects and molluscs, different small mammals which are easy to hunt on bare hands, we were also scavengers for millions of years (evidences are solid), and once we were intelligent enough we used different techniques to hunt, just like some eagles pick tortoises and let them fall from a high point to crack them open...
    I personally eat whatever comes from nature and my stomach can digest. If it can't be found in nature in the form that I am eating it, then I don't want it.

HegHeu and Re:Born like this.
  15. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

The ability to do something doesn't justify that action. Since humans are omnivores we are capable of both eating plants and flesh (Allthough plants are better suited for humans). Since plants cause less environmental damage and cause less harm they are the only logical food choice.

Since all the animals and plants we eat are basically bred to be a superior version of what they were in nature, you can eat nothing. Everything in the grocery store is man made.

16. Your logic is so flawed, but I'm not your father or your teacher, so have it your way.
    Have a nice day.

17. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Could you elaborate on why my logic is flawed?

18. Ketogenic/Paleo the best imo.

19. 4DCreator

4DCreator Fapstronaut

There are pros and cons in any diet. Eat what makes you feel good. Some people are depressed on a vegan diet after many years being on it. Some are raw vegans. I enjoy meat but I am trying to eat loads of veggies and nuts as well and so on. When I don't eat meat I feel I am really missing something. But I have tried a vegan diet for maybe a month, but it is not for me.

brahmacarya likes this.