1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving Quotes

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by EyesToSeeEarsToHear, Dec 20, 2017.

1. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

"Some stones are softer than your hearts." Ibn Abbas, Tafsir Ibn Khathir 2:74

Lily White likes this.
  2. I love these 2:
    If you stand with one foot in the past and the other foot in the future, Matt, all you do is piss on the present.
    P.J. Parrish

To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

shen and EyesToSeeEarsToHear like this.
  3. truthseeker17

"So remember Me, I will remember you,
    And be grateful to Me and do not deny Me." Qur'an 2:152

EyesToSeeEarsToHear likes this.
  4. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

“All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.”

Blaise Pascal, Pensées

5. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

EyesToSeeEarsToHear Fapstronaut

“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent.” - Arthur Conan Doyle

“We read the weird tales in newspapers to crowd out the even weirder stuff inside us.” - Alain de Botton

“I look and I look...I must have come to the wrong planet. It's so strange here.” - Sigbjorn Obstfelder

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  6. truthseeker17

"The best of you are those who are best to the women. " Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

7. "Make your volition your pivot of power"
    "Things that you own will end up owning you"
    "Happiness is real only when shared"

8. truthseeker17

"This too shall pass."

9. Nice!

“It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

truthseeker17 likes this.
  10. :emoji_bow::emoji_pray:

11. “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
    Paulo Coelho

12. “Oh! that gentleness! how far more potent is it than force!”
    ― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

shen likes this.
  13. Nice one!

14. shen

shen Fapstronaut

"A woman cannot bear to feel empty and purposeless. But a man may take real pleasure in that feeling. A man can take real pride and satisfaction in pure negation: 'I am quite empty of feeling. I don't care the slightest bit in the world for anybody or anything except myself. But I do care for myself, and I'm going to survive in spite of them all, and I'm going to have my own success without caring the least in the world how I get it. Because I'm cleverer than they are, I'm cunninger than they are, even if I'm weak. I must build myself up proper protections, and entrench myself, and then I'm safe. I can sit inside my glass tower and feel nothing and be touched by nothing, and yet exert my power, my will, through the glass walls of my ego'.
    That, roughly, is the condition of a man who accepts the condition of true egoism, and emptiness, in himself. He has a certain pride in the condition, since in pure emptiness of real feeling he can still carry out his ambition, his will to egoistic success.

Now I doubt if a woman can feel like this. The most egoistic woman is always in a tangle of hate, if not of love. But the true male egoist neither hates nor loves. He is quite empty, at the middle of him. Only on the surface he has feelings: and these he is always trying to get away from. Inwardly, he feels nothing. And when he feels nothing, he exults in his ego and knows he is safe. Safe, within his fortifications, inside his glass tower.

But I doubt if women can even understand this condition in a man. They mistake emptiness for depth. They think the false calm of the egoist who really feels nothing is strength. And they imagine that all the defenses which the confirmed egoist throws up, the glass tower of imperviousness, are screens to a real man, a positive being. And they throw themselves madly on the defences, to tear them down and come at the real man, little knowing that there is no real man, the defences are only there to protect a hollow emptiness, an egoism, not a human man."
    — D.H. Lawrence (Selected Essays)

15. shen

shen Fapstronaut

LOL! And nice Nietzsche quote. Most of his are that way. Nice I mean.

16. shen

shen Fapstronaut

Why don't you just shave off that gosh dang grey lock on your bald noggin pal?

17. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

“Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you.” Tyrion Lannister

18. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

"I never asked for this"
    - Adam Jensen

19. Uncomfortably Numb

Uncomfortably Numb Fapstronaut

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing... Edmund Burke

Grandpa61 likes this.
  20. Grandpa61

Grandpa61 Fapstronaut

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. —Viktor E. Frankl