1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

strength

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by going up, Dec 27, 2018.

1. going up

going up Fapstronaut

there is a poem called "strength". it was written by an english poet. it starts like this. : "rejoice when thou dost see god take thy things from thee". and it goes on, " when friend turns to foe, on crutches you no longer go...for god is most near". im not doing it justice. but if someone finds it i'd like to read it again and share it here. it helps. : )

2. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

Rejoice when thou dost see
    God take they things from thee
    When thy props are laid low
    And friend turns to foe.
    Tis but because now
    God seeth that thou
    No longer on crutches must go.
    Each here
    Whom He setteth alone,
    He Himself is most near.

- Bjornson

(I know nothing about this poem or poet. Had to dig fairly deep to even find a reference to it. Found it quoted as written here in the text of some random book called "The Search For Serenity And How To Achieve It" by Lewis Presnall. All hail the internet!)

Deleted Account and going up like this.
  3. going up

going up Fapstronaut

thank you brother. you made my day. : )

Strength And Light likes this.
  4. going up

going up Fapstronaut

wow. yes. the search for serenity is another great book. 500+ days. wow. im on day 10. been a wanker all of 50 years. : / but i feel good. lol

Strength And Light likes this.
  5. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

Congrats on being on day 10! That's awesome! If you can understand the wisdom of that poem (sounds like you do :)), you'll be just fine.

It's not easy but it's really quite simple. I'm glad you're here and I wish you the best of luck!

Deleted Account likes this.