1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

alpha, beta, omega, gamma or sigma male?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 22, 2018.

Which are you?

1. Alpha

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Beta

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Omega

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Gamma

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. Sigma

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. This is sorta fun to think about, and really matches with my personality! Saw this on another forum and thought it would be cool to talk about here.

So I'd be Omega through and through. I'm wildly introverted yet super confident. I know what I want and how to get it. I don't need anyone up in my business telling me what's up because I got me! I make the best well informed/researched decisions for myself. I generally don't reach out, but if you come to be I'll be your best bud and do not judge.

which one are you?

alpha: you are confident and your own man. you do your own thing and have complete confidence in everything you do. you have your self doubts, but you don't let it cloud your judgment and logic. you are well liked by almost everyone, and you just have an easy charm and swagger about your presence. women are drawn to your charisma and presence. you enjoy being social and having lots of people around. you are a natural leader

beta: you are kind of shy and introverted and not very confident in yourself. you are constantly plagued by insecurities and self-doubts and you can never commit to anything in the fear that you will fail in it. you are somewhat liked by people but they tend to look at you rather condescendingly and woman tend to friendzone you. you are nervous around other people and social situations because you're always afraid that people are judging you. you are a born follower

omega: you are the polar opposite of the alpha male, but in a good way. like the alpha male you are confident, intelligent and have a sense of charisma about you, but unlike the alpha male, you are completely your own person. you do not need anyone, and you can even be emotionally distant due to your complete self-possession. you trust few people and foster even fewer intimate relationships. omegas do not care for leadership by others as they are perfectly capable of leading themselves

gamma male: you are sort of the "invisible" guy. there is nothing really spectacular about you. you are not a beta, but neither are you an alpha. your personality and presence usually blends in with the rest of the room and you're just sort of...there. people like you just fine and you usually don't have too much trouble with girls, but all the same, there is nothing particularly memorable or remarkable about you. you are not a born leader nor a inherent follower, although you can take on those tasks depending on the situation

sigma male: you are a manipulative mastermind. you are a spider waiting to lay your trap. you possess a cunning, intuitive mind and can sway people to your will. you don't have the casual swagger of the alpha or the omega but you do have a clever presence about you and people tend to be both wary and respect you for that. you can often be even more powerful than the alpha or the omega male in social situations due to your ability to persuade and manipulate them. you are neither a follower or a leader but rather a wild card

Asgardian36 and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

:D cracked me up.
    But no, I guess I'm a beta. Oh well.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

You forgot one.

Your bravery and quick thinking make you a born leader. You know what's right and what's wrong, and you're always willing to fight for the good guys. Sometimes you can be impulsive and you definitely have issues with authority, but you're clutch in a crisis.

YOU ARE HARRY POTTER.

4. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Naturally- Sigma

Alpha when there are idiots all around me.

5. Sam_ba

Sam_ba Fapstronaut

You are all of them and none of them

it all depends the group you are in and the interactions that occur. that's why they are called group dynamics.

Apart maybe from people with psychosis If with children an adult will naturally take "leadership".
    If you are the only one to master a skill or that you have info others don't...the same
    If you win at a lottery...or unluckily is seen in a humiliating position it will change

We try to make sense of what doesn't. We try to put clear lines where all is blurred
    Alpha.. are a nice simplification but eveyrthing that is too simple is false and everything that is too compliated is unusable
    Group dynamics change with time so maybe try to no identify too much because with time it just changes (FWIK approx every 2 years in wolves)

Saty strong we do this together

6. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Ooooof.

Wrong.

There is a difference between behaviour and personality. The terms mentioned above apply to personality.

A localised stimulus in a closed setting will produce similar results from all 5 types of individuals and so can't be used as a measure of personality.

"Group dynamics" is an entirely different field in psychology. Actually- it's moreso ecology for a particular degree of sentience as applied to an organism and nothing more.

You are at the mercy of your environment, yes, but your thoughts govern your reaction to it and interpretation of it, producing (very simply put lol) personality.

What you are talking about isn't group dynamics but ethology and in that context, everything fits.

moethe, u376 and +TenPercent like this.
  7. Sam_ba

Sam_ba Fapstronaut

Sorry for my limited understanding of the subject
    Thank you for your sharing

I Ish you a successful reboot

u376 likes this.
  8. TheBarbarian

TheBarbarian Fapstronaut

I was always told omega is a very bad thing, like you are asocial or bad with females.

Only ever heard of alpha, beta, and omega

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. I don't think any of them are necessarily good or bad, they just are. We can adapt and change what we don't like about ourselves until we become what we like.

Hros likes this.
  10. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

I'm sorry, where did all this come from? Reddit?

11. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

I didn’t vote because I don’t relate to any of those made up terms.

They mean nothing. Be yourself, do things you enjoy, don’t repress who you are. If you don’t love yourself nobody will love you.

I am not an alpha, I’m not an omega, I’m not a beta, I’m not a gamma, I’m not a sigma.

I AM ME.

12. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

ShotDunyun and TheBarbarian like this.
  13. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

thanks for this post man......I am somewhere between gamma and beta male!

14. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Based on the descriptions, I switch between beta and omega. Of course, I feel like omega when I have a long streak going. Rest of the time I feel like a worthless beta.

The Taker likes this.
  15. I think some are taking this way to seriously lol.

Hros likes this.
  16. Doesn't change the fact that this greek letter male nonsense is pseudoscience.

btw I'm a kappa male
    [​IMG]

17. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

I don't ever recall saying it was a factually renowned judgment

18. I have to confess it.....
    [/I'm a sigma]

19. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I think gamma to be the weakest
    But you define it as something else
    So I am worse version of beta