1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of voulenteering with the Children's Ministry

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 2, 2018.

1. My Church has been looking for a person to step up and teach the children about the Bible on Sunday mornings. If the job remains vacant, I may voulenteer for it. I have a spotless background, and am a trusted Church member.

My problem is that I am a celibate male, and I think that my service might be misconstrued, and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I know they would rather have a woman or at least a married man around their children. I also don't have children of my own, and have always dreamed of having them, and would cherish the opportunity to teach them about Christ.

2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Fapstronaut

Don't be afraid! Just do what you know is right and you don't have to worry about what it may appear like to other people. More than likely your church will be grateful for the fact that you are willing to teach kids, it's not an easy task to handle. Trust in God and let him guide you to what you should do!

3. I can understand your hesitation. There is a disturbing movie called The Hunt that made me second guess how quickly things can go wrong for men working with children. I wouldnt let your fears or hesitations keep you from it entirely but there is no harm in protecting your reputation and asking to not be alone with them. It's probably best to have two teachers in there anyways.

4. I voulenteered today, they are going to run a comprehensive background check, but I am a respected church member, and they don't foresee any problems. I am also known by all of the parents in the church, and nobody objected to me working with their children. They also said they are happy that a man voulenteered for the job.

5. That's awesome! I do agree with the last part too. Men are lacking in the church in general for volunteer positions like that.

6. WTF!! If you're a celibate male, that makes you a better example for the kids. Imagine a singe guy actually trying to live righteously. Just volunteer and see what they think. Dont let that anti male hysteria keep you from doing something constructive that serves God.

Deleted Account likes this.