1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Suicidal Tendencies Discussion.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 18, 2018.

1. I have a couple questions, idk if anybody here is consistently struggling w wanting to kill themselves or not. But I'm assuming your suicidal tendencies were at one point not as strong. So did those tendencies build over time from having suicide in the back of your mind but not really fantasizing or acting on it and then to on the edge of suicidal behaviors?

Like, I would presume that somebody who is textbook suicidal gradually got to that point over time.

Basically if you look at suicide as an option and weigh out pros and cons and decide not to go through w it a couple mins later, then you wouldn't be suicidal, right? But what if before that point, you never had any kinda thoughts on suicide whatsoever? Is it something that gradually builds up over time like most things? And is it for yourself or do you feel like you'd be doing people a favor, like you're a burden? And what about if you feel like people won't be better off but rather unfazed & it being a thing for you to move on? What are begineer warning signs basically, like if you feel you're consistently fighting everyday, constantly tired, or if you have troubles in getting out of bed everyday?

& would being suicidal basically just a more extreme form of depression and whatnot, or something completely different? And I find depression to be uncurable, but rather manageable. Is suicidal tendencies kinda the same in terms of managability? Keeping this in mind, understand I'm not a healthcare professional nor know a lot on this topic so I could be wrong

2. i get suicidal fantasies when im super depressed, which for a person with my personality type its pretty common.

3. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Suicidal tendencies come and go. Personally, when I am feeling this way I say that there is nothing in the world I want. I don't owe the world anything and vice versa, I just want out.

4. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

The first time I thought about suicide I wasn't even depressed, in fact I was quite happy with my life. I was laying in bed pondering the universe, as one does, when I tried to imagine what it would be like to commit suicide. Right after that I thought 'fuck, i just thought about suicide'. For some reason it felt like I had gone down a path that I couldn't turn around on once I had that thought. A year later a good friend of mine committed suicide, as well as my closest friend considering suicide and another friend attempting it. I started to get very depressed around this time, but suicide never seriously crossed my mind until a few months later. After several months of waking up everyday dreading getting out of bed, feeling miserable and sick all day and rarely leaving my room I started to play with the idea of suicide. It started out as a thought more along the lines of 'My existence is not worth it' rather than 'I want to kill myself. Eventually I had it planned out, who I would give my stuff to, how I would do it, all that.

I broke down earlier this year and realised I needed to fix myself. I started seeing a psychologist and doing several other things to improve my well being. I am a lot better now, but every now and then I feel myself slipping back into it.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

hardowner and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Hi. I think this is a great topic. I think about it everyday. Read about it, wonder about it. Met people (some very close) that have commit suicide and a lot of people that have done work that I admire had done it, and I live in an area where is very common. There is no one path, there is no one reason, anything can be a trigger, for some people its something that grows slow, for others just appears, for others its just tabo, I mean the stories are endless... hm... I´ll follow this topic very closely.

6. Sovereign Elder

Sovereign Elder Fapstronaut

7. risk_taker

risk_taker Fapstronaut

I think I've found myself at very low times, and at points I've had similar feelings that my existence doesn't really matter right now. I could leave and the world would be empty. Sometimes it was on and off in terms of a roller coaster of emotions. I think a sign is thinking that life that is being lived has no worth or value or input towards the outward. However what happens is that, I find myself influencing others and other people are validating my existence.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. jajaja

9. I'm not sure, I suffer from depression and I know personally that the more anxiety I have the worse the urges get. The depression itself can be bad but for some reason it's the anxiety that makes the suicidal thoughts skyrocket, when I'm bloody anxious
    I get weird and strong thoughts as well as picturing myself getting cut or say using a saw and cutting things off. I even had it when I've used scissors some times and I think about cutting a finger off for no reason.

it sucks but I live with it.

Apparently high anxiety does strange things to the brain, and can make you think things are real or at least feel real. So while my depression is okay depending on the day I think my anxiety makes it ten times worse. I know I have too much to live for and I'm smarter than that, not to mention I would be too weak even If I wanted to, but the random flashes and thoughts can get pretty sick and bloody irritating.

10. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

Suicide does not work because of reincarnation. You will just pop up someplace else with even more problems. Might as well face them now. There is no escape. You wake up everyday from sleeping no matter what. Its the same with lifetimes. You will just wake up in another body, but be a baby and helpless and will have to start all over again.. But when you commit suicide it karmicly messes up your next lifetime and you will have more hardships. So just deal and face life now and your next lifetime will be even better.

11. Well, I understand to bring religion into the matter because lets be honest, religion its probably the first reason why people don´t do it. In fact, I don´t do it because of my love ones and religion, so its there. But its not a for sure, its a faith thing, so if you don´t have it, its nat a will or will not work, the suicidal doesn´t care about what can work or how or why, it just wants it to end.

12. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

I dont view reincarnation as religion. It just is. Like gravity, it exists wether you believe in it or not. The earth is round.. Its not religion. But religions have tried to describe it.. Like in a Christianity they say if you are good goto heavan, if bad hell.. But what if they just mean your next lifetime will be heaven or hell based on your karma for this lifetime..

13. UK Lad

UK Lad Fapstronaut

I suffered many years silently. Was subsequently sectioned and put on meds. I think it had to do with triggers. Family history of schizophrenia and endocrine disease and the tablets that nhs give you are dangerous when trying to wean off. However it could have all been pmo induced.

There was a time when we was all well and good. Pre pubescent teen. Healthy.

Suicides not right. Some people can’t help it but may god forgive them. However it can be caused by triggers in the gut or brain. plastic supermarket food causes it and coke drinks.

Haven’t drank coke in years only water.

14. Well. I guess we just stumble upon something big here. We live for love. Love literally keeps some people alive.

15. I think not doing it comes down to fear, obviously willpower, but also if you have someone you truly love or care about in your life that makes it so bloody difficult and painful to think about doing. If I lost my partner I would be gutted, I really cherish our time together and couldn't live without him.

At least this is my own experience anyway, I have no idea what it's like for others.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
  16. I think it was roughly 20 years ago when a suicidal thought popped into my head. It freaked me out and I ended up talking to my sister about it. I stayed at her place for a few days because I didn't want to be alone. Eventually I got past it because I basically got used to those thoughts coming and going and was pretty much desensitized to it after awhile. These days the thought still remains in the back of my mind, but I think family and hope is what keeps me alive. The thing with suicidal thoughts is if you just wait awhile, You'll find another reason to smile and the thought fades away until the next time. Best to stay distracted with everyday life.

17. Was yours depression related? Because mine is from anxiety so no amount of waiting ever helps, it comes and goes without warning and it bloody grosses me out with those vivid thoughts.

18. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Can you explain that UK Lad? What link is there between endocrine disease and suicide. I have multi endocrine diseases and I am puzzled at how any of them could relate to mental health disorders and/or cause someone to kill themselves. :confused:
    Are there any studies showing these triggers or causes of suicide?

19. Not sure, probably a mix of both as it happened the day after drinking entirely too much and having an epic hangover. It was almost as if there was a voice that I heard coming out of nowhere. Weird. So I can see what you mean about it coming and going without warning. I still think that waiting it out works, but it's only temporary and eventually we need to get to the bottom of these things before they win the battle.

20. I dunno, I'm not suicidal in the way of me getting worse and taking my life, but ever since my anxiety worsened many moons ago the episodes aren't stronger in terms of urges but more frequent and more like a shock when a picture in me mind pops up.

Im stuck with my anxiety so I'm essentially as used to them as I'll get, so they won't be going away. I was curious because anxiety thoughts for me sound different than if a person with depression gets them. It's mainly when I'm anxious (which is about 75% of the time) and I end up getting those thoughts and as it becomes more severe the more vivid my thought gets.