1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Books and people who love books

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 6, 2018.

1. So im making this thred because i see others as what is your favourite tv show movie video game and nobody is talking about books.

So here we can talk about anything book related.

Your favourite book
    type of books you like to read
    Has a book helped you i any way
    How people tiday look at books and the influnce or my opinion the lack of influence books have today
    How the school system teaches kids to not enjoy reading
    an so on hahah.

So give books some love guys :)

Contentful T likes this.
  2. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I think @Moon Shot will contribute when he returns.

Contentful T likes this.
  3. There are actually tons of threads talking about books. There's a "book lovers club" thread and a "rate the last book you've read" thread and like a dozen others.

Contentful T and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Thank you cas for showing me the error of my ways

Contentful T likes this.
  5. Lol sorry, I'm just saying, in case you didnt know. There is a search function you can search for titles of threads that have the word book in it.

Contentful T likes this.
  6. nah man dont worry i have a dark sarcastic humour. Much love cas.
    Question while i have you here thow, what you think of the way they killed of crowley

And yes a book thred talking about a tv show lol. but i will start reading the supernaturale books

Contentful T and Deleted Account like this.
  7. I miss Crowley so much :( No hate to Lucifer (what a weird sentence), but Crowley was definitely my favorite villain. People keep saying he might come back, but I think Mark Sheppard made it pretty clear he was moving onto other things.

Idk, in general I'm just not thrilled with the show anymore. I recently watched the season 14 premiere and I thought it was really bad. Poorly written and boring. I miss the good ol' days of two brothers just fighting monsters together. Once they started getting into Biblical stuff it just got too complicated, in my opinion. Of course, that's also when we got Cas, so I cant complain too much. :p

8. Speaking of Supernatural books, I went to my library book sale recently, and I happened to be dressed totally like Dean Winchester (and by "happened to be" I mean I definitely did that completely on purpose), and I found a book there of John Winchester's journal! I didnt even know that existed, but I have it now. Lol

9. titkata92

titkata92 Fapstronaut

I read now a very nice books series that I prefer to everyone. Metro - Author Dmitry Glukhovsky.

10. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

I've always been reading books since childhood.

I like to read books about science, philosophy, real history, and mythology.

And I also like to read comic books, from Marvel. :D

11. thanks man
    i checked out the book and put it on my amazon list.
    Cant buy it because i wasted my book money on the assain creed series hahah

12. Same here bro.
    On my next book haul i will buy books about rome amd greece real history alway was fascinated abput them and the things they belived in.

Could go more in depth but busy at the moment.

Quick question i also love comics but do you know any marvel or dc characthers in novel book form and not in comic form.

I found one series about black widow called forever red and a 150 page bpok about deadpoll killing pu0ies who turn into monsters if not killed

MJ93 likes this.
  13. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

Well, I found two novel books when I went to Walgreens. One with Batman, and the other with Wonder Woman.

14. Romans 6 23

Romans 6 23 Fapstronaut

in no particular order
    fiction I like
    George Orwell (not just 1984 and animal farm)
    fahrenheit 451
    a clockwork orange
    atlas shrugged

non fiction:
    Joel salatin (everything)
    The Dollar Hen
    Growing a farmer
    The Lean Farm
    2 second lean
    and anything dealing with small acreage farming and/or pasture raised livestock especially chickens

u376 likes this.
  15. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I like books on religion. Right now I'm reading through the book of Jeremiah [of the Bible] and the Bhagavad Gita. I'm not a hindu, I'm a christian, but I still enjoy the Gita. It's got some timeless wisdom in it. When I'm done with the Gita, I'll be reading a book on Shakti, the divine mother of Hinduism.

u376 and Romans 6 23 like this.
  16. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

How to win friends and influence people ......has helped me ....sort of
    Now it's been 10 months but still I have not completed murder on orient express....
    Your post has motivated me to finish it

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I am feeling happy being a Hindu
    Thanks for appreciating it.....
    But I think bhagwada Gita is the ultimate ideology for me. ....
    It's the Lord himself speaking to his devotee/friend/cousin......arjun

drac16 likes this.
  18. i just finished battel royale last noght
    If anyone has read it i have a question for you

Contentful T likes this.
  19. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut