1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

We have to tackle sexual shame, I did

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by HeatLightning, Jan 27, 2015.

1. HeatLightning

HeatLightning Fapstronaut

Well, at least I do. I'll explain.

Lately I feel that a lot of psychological problems come from not feeling good enough, unworthy, inappropriate. It's a modern plague. So we build an ego defense system against that subconscious feeling of inappropriateness and alienate ourselves.

And this also applies to sexuality. I always felt insecure and ashamed of being a sexual boy/man. No one talked about it in the family. Possibly someone berated me for touching myself. These emotional imprints are very deep on the absorbent mind of a child.

So today I walked by a sportswear store and saw this very beautiful girl working there. My old feelings of tension and shame about being found out that I'm attracted began to activate. But I guess I had worked enough with myself to know that it's perfectly acceptable to like girls sexually and romantically, and even commendable to express your interest in a polite manner. So the feeling "what will she/others think of me" held no ground.

I walked it, looked her in the eyes, she said "Hi?" and I said "Hi, I just walked by and noticed you're very beautiful. I was wondering if you'd like to go out for tea some time." She smiled and said "Sorry, no can do... I have a boyfriend." I wished them happiness and left smiling and fulfilled. So fulfilled I had to sit down on the stairs, catch my breath and laugh.

So yeah, this happened today :).

Bigballs likes this.
  2. NotALoserAnymore

NotALoserAnymore Fapstronaut

It's great to be so earnest and sincere yet so polite and mannered. I have the same problems you had, I still feel unsecure about myself with girls. Your story is really inspiring to me, keep going in this way, you' re doing great.