1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

12 Rules for Life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by PMOare4SoyBoys, Nov 3, 2018.

1. PMOare4SoyBoys

PMOare4SoyBoys Fapstronaut

Anyone has read the new Jordan Peterson book that came out this year? And if you have what are your thoughts on it?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. No I haven't but I think he does a podcast with Joe Rogan aswell if you are interested in his work.

3. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
  4. Haven't finished reading it yet. He's quite brilliant tho, isn't he?

5. I have read the book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It seems to me that a good bit of it is common sense that we have forgotten. However, he also slips some more opinionated material into it. I would say this: just because someone who is intelligent says something, do not take them out their word. I agree with a good amount of Dr. Peterson's ideas, but I do not blindly agree with everything he says. I would recommend reading the book with an open mind, but put things into the context of what you already know to be true.

6. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

I've read it. Rules are allegories, just listing them wont mean much. Its a great book. I liked parts from his personal life, in frozen Canada, about his friends and family. Book basically conveys Petersons framework of the world which is pretty accurate, but he has his biases as do everyone. I liked his perspectives, often innovative and cut right through the bullshit.

7. PMOare4SoyBoys

PMOare4SoyBoys Fapstronaut

That's a good response and I do agree with you on that. I don't necessarily agree with everything that JP says but you can take what's good about him and learn a lot from him

8. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Generally think he is very interesting in interviews and debates, but says some pretty wacky things on twitter. I think twitter brings out the worst in everyone!
    Haven't got round to 12 rules yet but it's on my list...

Asgardian36 and PMOare4SoyBoys like this.
  9. Toby430

Toby430 Fapstronaut

Love jordan peterson

10. I haven't finished the book yet but I've been obsessed with his lectures on youtube. I do also plan on purchasing his self-authoring program.

11. I finished the book, easily my favorite so far. Ignore talks of bias, all books have biases, this book had good intentions. I agree that this book is full of common sense things that we've forgotten, we need to remember these things.. need to.

Asgardian36 and PMOare4SoyBoys like this.
  12. rgm

rgm Fapstronaut

Haven't finished the book yet, I'd argue that it's not that good though. Don't get me wrong Jordan Peterson is amazing but the book doesn't do his lectures enough justice.
    I'd advice you to watch the podcasts he features in, some lectures about subjects you're interested in.

13. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Great book, just finished it yesterday. Has the potential to be life changing for some.

14. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I haven't read it, but I have his book on my Kindle app and recently downloaded and listened to some of it on audio. So far it's been good, and I feel like his intentions were for good when he was putting together this book. His lectures and podcasts he's been on are good to listen to as well.

PMOare4SoyBoys likes this.