1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else hate hearing music that involves cheating and drugs?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 18, 2018.

1. As the title states,

I fucking HATE songs that contain lyrics that relate to cheating, doing drugs, showing it off like it's an accomplishment?

Like, people can do drugs, fair enough, each to their own but Jesus Christ, is this what "rappers" enjoy creating and publishing for everyone out there? Like in all honesty, in these rappers/singers minds, what on earth makes you think that you can take pride in "fucking your bitch" or "leave your homeboy and come back to my crib and we'll fuck all night long"? The only thing that it makes you look like is a fucking degenerate lowlife.

Hip hop/Rap has become nothing but dog shit, I start gagging whenever I hear the genre play on the radio. The only rappers that I can tolerate nowadays are Joyner Lucas, Eminem, Hopsin and a new one, Token. These people carry messages and may have made songs in the past that relate to "stealing and fucking your bitch" but at least they now know that songs like that are nothing but utter trash, it's nothing, it's not even considered content. Like, at least with RnB, the music does tend to give a sexual vibe but at least the message is directed to their significant other.

I don't listen to it that much anyways, I'm more of a minimal house/hard trance listener myself but im so fucking tired of hearing nothing but vomit inducing content provided by these shit stains you call rappers nowadays.. What in their mind does it make them think that "drugs" and trying to steal ones partner because they don't comprehend what respect is? I actually had to download an extension for my browser just so it blocks every single video that contains the tag "hip hop" and "rap".

u376 and Deleted Account like this.
  2. What about Kendrick? And ASAP and Schoolboy Q and Joey Baddass...there are a lot of good rappers out there that cover different topics.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Kendrick is okay, I don't listen to ASAP SBQ or JB, i just tend to avoid the whole genre in general, I don't hear much about hip hop/rap anymore.

4. I hate Country and RNB because it conditions men to be simps.

5. I had to stop listening to hip hop in 98 because it devolved into straight up trash. Most of the intelligent rappers were sidelined because the edgy stuff was more marketable. I liked some of the old gangster music because I was a hip hop MC and I appreciated their lyrical ability but I never cosigned on the message. Every time I check out hip hop out of curiosity I'm more dissapointed. They always find a way to make it more terrible.

6. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

There's always underground rap and the old school stuff from the 1980's and 1990's. I don't like to hear the nonsense of today's era and tuned out around the the early to mid 2000's. Consider checking out underground rappers like Immortal Technique, Kool Keith, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere,Tech N9ne, and MF Doom.

7. People Under The Stairs, Mr. Lif, Sage Francis, Jedi Mind Tricks the list is epic...

SilentJay313 and Deleted Account like this.
  8. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Damn I forgot about People Under The Stairs. Are they still making music? The Hang Loose, Montego Bay, Give Love A Chance, Stay Home, Ten Tough Guys, and The Next Step 2 were my jams back in middle school!

9. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I hate party rap songs......which glorify drinking and objectify women.....
    That's why I like Bohemia Tupac and Eminem

10. DogDaysOfLife

DogDaysOfLife Fapstronaut

Music is a great career for people who don't want to work before 2 pm or be drug tested. You don't have to study or be physically strong. No wonder it's so competitive bands will work for nothing. I know it attracts the kind of people who shy away from other employment but I like lyrics that are more poetic and less about the musician's shitty lifestyle.