1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

people do not say hello

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ALEX_88, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Guess it depends where you are. I shouldn’t have made such a broad generalization. But I do find people in the Midwest a lot friendlier than California.

Asgardian36 and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  2. Maybe the problem is not you but them. The only advice I could give you is actually two things.

1) Expect a positive response. Truly expect it. Even visualise it in your head. See it happen in your head and it will happen in real life. I promise you, almost like magic.

2) Don't say a hello from a place of need.

3) Say hello to give something not to get something. Say hello because it makes you feel good, not so you can get something back to feed your own need. Give from a place of value giving.

4) Don't be outcome dependent. But do expect a positive response.

So that's 4 things, lol. I thought I only had one thing to say.

Bro, it's not you, it's just that people are not use to other people saying hello to them in the Gym. If you were saying hello to girls in clubs it would be different because it's expected. Watch your posture as well, your posture is speaking louder than your words. That should be 5. Posture, eye contact, vocal tonality should not be seeking rapport either. I don't speak to anyone in the Gym but I do recognise people. Would be good to have some gym friends but I think I'll just stick to myself and enjoy my workout. I love the Gym man.

ALEX_88 likes this.
  3. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

grazie amico, bella risposta

4. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

[QUOTE = "Ginny Weasley, post: 1764738, membro: 89296"] Non sono antisociale e piuttosto asociale, quindi quando esco lo faccio per un motivo (a meno che non stia camminando con il mio partner), e quando I ' m interrotto da quello che sto facendo o parlato, mi fa svuotare e perdo la concentrazione. Per non parlare di loro che mi danno i vecchi collywobbles ...

Sono amichevole anche se non sembro come sono, semplicemente non mi piace socializzare ed è troppo per me. Onestamente vorrei che meno persone parlassero con me, ma sfortunatamente non è così. lol [/ QUOTE]
    Sei veramente antipatica XD

5. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

[QUOTE = "Ginny Weasley, post: 1763797, membro: 89296"] Beh, se non sei inglese, perché hai iniziato questa discussione in inglese? È super confuso usare Google translate perché non funziona molto bene. :confuso:[/CITAZIONE]
    hai ragione, ti scriverò in italiano

6. Hank Pym

Hank Pym Fapstronaut

7. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

[QUOTE = "Hank Pym, post: 1764943, membro: 217604"] Ciao [/ QUOTE]
    Ahahha ciao

8. Hank Pym

Hank Pym Fapstronaut

Votes for ginny
    Bcuz he says he's antisocial in italian. Hail Hydra !

9. Voglio più pomodori sulla mia pizza

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  10. Green Monstah

Green Monstah Fapstronaut

Now THIS is something that I can definitely talk about. It is YOU.. and THEM! I will get to this in a moment, but do NOT think there is something wrong with you.

I am from the north. Everything here is so fast paced. People sprint-walk, everywhere they go, always late for something... They look at people funny when someone says "hi" to them.

I have also spent time in the south where you can walk down the street and everyone will say hi to you.

But in general, I do feel people are losing the art of greeting and communicating with one another. They are buried in their faces into their phones/mp3 players/tablets. They are literally SHOCKED when someone actually will say "hello"...

I do think that because people have their guards up, and it's so unfortunate that they can get instantly creeped out for no reason at all when someone says "hello" to them... and that is backfiring because they do not realize it, but they are going to be very isolated and ultimately lonely. I do think people need to

At work, we hired someone new. She worked for us for a few days only, but after I heard about her, I made it a point to walk over and say "hello" to her. She works in a totally different department. "Hello, wanted to introduce myself...." Her reaction showed that she was really surprised and not expecting that! Later complimented me saying "Wow, nice of you to come over. No one else came up to introduce themselves to me!"

Don't get discouraged. Keep being friendly. Keep saying "hello"! We need more people to do that! :)

11. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

LMFAO!!!!

Green Monstah likes this.
  12. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

f. yeah i can attest to that fact!!!

13. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

[QUOTE = "Ginny Weasley, post: 1765382, membro: 89296"] Mi hai davvero definito sgradevole nel tuo altro post? Perché è quello che dice Google, e non so perché continui a parlare in italiano quando nessuno ti capisce ... [/ QUOTE]

se non hai capito ... stavo scherzando

14. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Apparently In my area this is non existing, except for occasionally some older person who is bored. I doesn't seem to matter whether I'm in Detroit(my hometown) or the surrounding suburbs, nobody says hello to each other unless they know the person, are just looking for a conversation or confrontation. I've been to Mobile, Alabama and people are super friendly and polite down there from what I remember. Also have been to Ohio on a family visit to one of my cousins in the military, and unfortunately people were rude and nasty when they found out that we were from Michigan. Apparently people are still Pissed about that rivalry between Ohio State and University of Michigan. But that's just from my personal experiences.

15. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

In parts of ex old soviet union nobody really greet others, they always be angry and grumpy, that is the main thing. If you greet, you might even receive angry response back almost in scream.

Edit the scream would be like :"Blyat, what do you want? Piss off!" Something like that and even can receive aggressive attack back, but it really depends while I tried with foreingers in the past they never did so. XD

16. My brother had a GF born and raised in Russia and she said the exact same thing.

meatsandwich likes this.
  17. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

[QUOTE = "meatsandwich, post: 1770556, membro: 83617"] In alcune parti della vecchia unione sovietica nessuno saluta davvero gli altri, sono sempre arrabbiati e scontrosi, questa è la cosa principale. Se saluti, potresti anche ricevere una risposta arrabbiata quasi urlando.

Modifica l'urlo sarebbe come: "Blyat, cosa vuoi? Qualcosa di genere e anche in grado di affrontare un attacco aggressivo, ma dipende davvero dall'osservare XD [/ QUOTE]

QUELLA TRISTEZZA

18. I really hate it when I say hello and people just ignore me. Most of the time I just don't bother saying hello because I expect to be ignored. I live in the same house as my brother yet whenever I say hello or good morning and he just ignores me. I got fed up of it in the end and I just ignore him. Maybe this isn't the right way to deal with the situation but it's so stupid! You can at least say good morning when someone says good morning! I just don't know what his fucking problem is!

SilentJay313 and Deleted Account like this.
  19. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

People are becoming even more inconsiderate, rude a-holes. When I get service people that act like this I dont leave a tip.

SilentJay313 likes this.
  20. The H

The H New Fapstronaut

My input is not from the perspective of a happy-go-lucky outgoing individual, but rather someone who has struggled with serious awkwardness issues their whole life. You see, I have Asperger's Syndrome and in my childhood, my reputation was the one psychological enigma who may or may not respond at all when people spoke to me, especially reacting with the freeze response when I was confronted countless times by angry people of all age groups who assumed I was just being defiant.

As could easily be inferred by that, I don't react to greetings or try to provoke conversations with strangers because my head just doesn't process language casually and fluently like most people do. I'm not gonna write a rambling autobiography, and maybe not everyone who doesn't like to socialize is sensitive and can relate to me, but I really don't like it when people label this behavior as rudeness by default.

SilentJay313 and Deleted Account like this.