1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does any human being have life on easy mode?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Srs. Are there any people that don't really have to struggle and just cruise through life as if they won the lottery?

Edit: Not as in money necessarily but are within the top 1% of humans of good genetics (intelligence, health, aesthetics, good social skills etc.) you know what I mean

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    moonesque, AngelofDarkness and Randy like this.
  2. My counter-question is, if easy mode was an option, would you choose it?

I'm currently living like I'm playing Dark Souls right now...

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  3. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Yes, very attractive women and people born into a rich family.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  4. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Absolutely would not choose it. It's the journey and hard work to the greatness that makes it worth it. I personally wouldn't change a thing about my life. The struggle is good.

DonDraper likes this.
  5. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Actually there are many beautiful women and rich people who are depressed and struggling in their own way
    I think a soul which is enlightened with knowledge of god has an easy life.....
    Though their outside struggles are visible but they know how to achieve that inner peace
    Correct me if I'm wrong

6. I agree, a lot of people who seem to have everything on the outside often struggle the most with finding their inner happiness. I think one is a direct result of the other. Someone who never got to discover their personal value because of getting everything for free can't really feel fulfilled as a person.

7. moonesque

moonesque Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I think even a question to think for oneself is, what would be an easy life?

How many suicides come from those wealthy, “beautiful”, successful, talented, etc? Do you imagine that your life would be easy if you just “have” whatever quality or possession? What would your life look like if it was?

So what does an “easy” life really look like? And why do you actually want one? Why would you desire one?

Is easy the quality of life to seek and try to create in your life?

The human brain can be dangerously lazy.

Fixmybrain, Gotham Outlaw and u376 like this.
  8. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

I think everyone is suffering, some more and some less.

When I read your question Saudi Arabian oil sheiks came to my mind. They are kind of isolated from our lifestyles and are so rich that there is almost nothing that they cannot buy.

Then again, when I read stories about what they are doing to sex workers that they party with... I'm not so sure if this kind of life is really psychologically healthy. Also, they are not really cruising through life. They need to be careful not to get robbed or scammed all the time. And according to a study, the happiest US Americans have a salary of $83,000.
    Most lottery winners wind up miserable eventually. So money is not the answer.

u376, Fixmybrain and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  9. I completed Dark Souls with a USB steering wheel. I know what the Buddha meant by suffering.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  10. If there's one thing I've learned, suffering is important for everyone. Without suffering in one's life, there is no mode for personal growth or change. Without having to deal with hardships, you don't grow as a person or can look back and feel you lived a productive life. Being a beautiful woman to a rich family. I wouldn't want that life. I'd rather live a like that I worked hard for. Where the hard work pays off, and I advanced in my life. Even though I'm young (22), I've been through a lot in life that I can look back on and feel proud of overcoming. If you want the easy way out, all power to you, but it's not something I would do.

On a completely unrelated note, I've known people from high school whom were born into rich families. Guess what, their parents were always at work and they got whatever they wanted. Pretty much all of them went to drugs, living at home, have little to no drive.

u376 and CH3RRY like this.
  11. These are questions with no real answers. Some religions like Buddhism have tried to answer these questions. Life is inherently unfair.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. For the little time that I've lived on this Earth, I realized that pretty quickly. It's really unfortunate, smh. But this begs another question though: why is life so unfair?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
  13. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

This times 10. People who are rich or good looking can still be born with disabilities or mental health problems. They could also be born into abusive families or develop substance abuse problems. I don't think anyone really has it on easy mode. It may seem like it at times, but everyone has problems of some kind.

u376 and Deleted Account like this.
  14. These are all good answers. The reason I asked this is because life has thrown shit at me full force recently and I have no option but to endure it all obviously, so I was curious to know how much struggling is normal..I feel so alone in my problems at times. It's weird how the universe presents us with different challenges--it's all just random chaos on the grand scheme of things, some just get luckier than others I guess

15. I know what you mean. It's a huge eye opener and very bizarre

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

yeah I somewhat agree, but in the traditional sense of "success" ie rich and popular they are on easy mode

Fixmybrain likes this.
  17. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

What is the difference between wealthy and rich?

18. Happiness = reality - expectations

Fixmybrain likes this.
  19. planning4burial

planning4burial New Fapstronaut

Probably not. everything is relative. Each person responds to a problem in their life differently so so problems are more difficult for people than others.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  20. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

You can say that
    A rich person doesn't have to worry for his bread and butter

AngelofDarkness and lolos like this.