1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Sex Save You?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Deleted Account, Nov 4, 2018.

Does having sex when tempted stop a relapse from taking place?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Not sure

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. I literally said the words "I dont mean any offense and I'm not looking for an argument, I just want to provide a different perspective." So... if you still cant see my intent, then that is 100% your problem, not mine. I cant control the way you see something, especially when I state my intent very clearly, because I know tone can be confusing through text, and you choose to just completely ignore that or assume I'm lying about it. I specifically stated my tone for that very reason, because I know that some people see any negative contradiction to their opinion as an attack. But sure, just ignore that and then say it's my fault that you ignored it and assumed it wasnt genuine. You're just making blind assumptions about me and my intent that directly contradict my words, and that is completely on you, not me. I'm clearly telling you my intent, and you're choosing not to believe me. Plenty of people read my post exactly as it was intended, so it's not my fault that you weren't able to do the same.

You dont need to respond if you dont want to, I know this has already gone way further than necessary. I'm just explaining that I was very clear about my intent and intentionally thought about how I needed to make sure that was clear so people wouldnt take it the wrong way. So it's a bit annoying to have you acting like I didnt give a care in the world just because you chose to ignore my words and assume they were BS when they weren't. That's on you. I cant control your false assumptions about me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. I am in agreement with samnf1990 that your general tone came across as confrontational, even if you did not mean it that way, especially when you had to repeat your already stated disagreement with a different perspective and label it as "ridiculous", so if someone is bringing it your attention that you could put more effort into phrasing things more neutrally, why attack them even further rather than taking it as constructive criticism?

JKnight and samnf1990 like this.
  3. The fact that you continue to see me disagreeing with someone as me "attacking" them is absurd. My most recent post was made completely calmly and I am, in no way, attacking anybody. This conversation is pointless. I'm perfectly capable of taking constructive criticism when it is deserved and valuable. I'm not going to say "yeah, you're right, I'll work on that" if I dont believe he is right and i already did everything i could have to be very clear about my tone. This is your problem, not mine. I've already gotten feedback from several other people who are in agreement that my tone was clear, so I dont know what else to say about it.

I'm not going to talk about this further. It's off topic, and if you cant see the difference between someone not agreeing with a perosn and someone attacking a person, then we are never going to come to any kind of agreement. You keep telling me to take criticism better, but why is nobody addressing any of the criticism I've offered? Like that you all continue to think everybody is attacking you when they sya they disagree. That's not very mature. And I'm sure you will see that statement as an attack as well, all while criticizing me for being too defensive and not handling criticism, which is hilariously hypocritical.

But whatever, I'm done trying to explain myself. You're never going to get it if you still think I'm attacking people by disagreeing. Theres literally no way I can smooth this over except to bow at your feet and say you're right about everything, even though I dont believe you are, and that's what makes this your problem, not mine. I'm going to walk away, and you can continue to think whatever false things you want about me. It doesnt matter. I know who I am, and I know that my intention here was 100% not to come start an argument for no reason. That's childish and stupid and I dont generally act that way. I just wanted to provide an alternate perspective, and several people took it the wrong way and attributed false intentions to my words that were not there. I tried to explain and got accused of "attacking people further" and "not handling criticism" because I didnt roll over and agree with everybody. That's silly, but whatever. You do you, I guess.

4. samnf1990

samnf1990 Fapstronaut

A sweeping statement? I thought you didn't like them.

JKnight likes this.
  5. samnf1990

samnf1990 Fapstronaut

Sorry, I'm picking the scab here.

6. Okay, you are free to think and do as you please. I'm not here to fight you, just a suggestion.

7. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

I would feel terrible, awful, and like I was being used. It would make me feel as though they didn't actually want me, they wanted the people they were turned on watching, but they can't have those people and I'm just what they could get in that moment, so they settled for it. It would make me not want to have sex with them anymore.

vxlccm, JKnight, EyesWideOpen and 5 others like this.