1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to express your sexuality in the real world without feeding the ego?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by PRN-ADKT, Nov 5, 2018.

1. PRN-ADKT

PRN-ADKT Fapstronaut

Or are the two intrinsically linked?

2. gagate

gagate Fapstronaut

The ego wants physical pleasure

Nekkhamma likes this.
  3. DickMiller45

DickMiller45 Fapstronaut

I can’t even wake up in the morning without feeding the ego.

4. David stone

David stone Fapstronaut

Yes you can. When the situation is set for it. ( you must be able to evaluate clearly)

Any other way of forcing it stems from ego.

Why does this bother you anyway?

5. PRN-ADKT

PRN-ADKT Fapstronaut

But I don't see how sex could ever come into the picture unless the ego was somehow involved.

It bothers me because the ego is never satisfied, so I want to avoid feeding it as much as possible.

That said, I still feel the need to express my sexuality, but it's difficult to separate the ego's needy and possesive desire from my hormone-induced urges for sex.

6. David stone

David stone Fapstronaut

What you need to do is to separate yourself from the ego that wants no ego,

If you have an ich, you can either scratch it or not scratch it
    Or you can scratch that same place even without any ich happening.

PRN-ADKT likes this.
  7. PRN-ADKT

PRN-ADKT Fapstronaut

I like what you said about separating myself from the ego that wants no ego, but I'm not sure how to interpret the second part.
    Are you saying that if I stop thinking about an itch, it will eventually scratch itself?
    Or are you saying that the itch doesn't really exist and that I'm creating it by scratching?