1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else giving up on trying to find lasting love like me?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I think I may be moving past that stage of wishing for that mythical lasting love type marriage relationship. I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones and not everyone gets the life they want or dream of. I'm not depressed or despondent, but more relieved. I feel like it's just time for me to move on and focus on other aspects of life. I think I should just be content with casual relationships or maybe hook ups and focus on work and hobbies.

2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Guess people need time to ponder this one.

3. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

Well, some things take time and patience. A lot of people don't realise they're with the one until they are 4 years into their marriage, and realise they've been with "the one" all along. Seems to me that sort of thing is more about building a good relationship, meaning you have to open yourself up to a certain extend before you can even fall in love to that level, and not something that happens instantly.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  4. I haven't given up hope for a lasting love or marriage. I still view it as the ideal if I'm to pursue a relationship with somene. I don't believe that all people are called to that life either. With that said, I also don't hold a fairytale view or romanticized view towards marriage. Like loving yourself, the action of love requires a daily choice on your point. Sure, there are going to be happy moments, but there will also be sad ones, and even times that feel dry. I think with this understanding I'm better able to appreciate love and marriage for what it is while not envy others for having it.

I figure if I'm doing my part then it will happen, and if it doesn't happen then it wasn't meant to be.

5. Yes, I feel the same way, except that I've never desired marriage or children, and now I'm reaffirming that outlook. I think your last sentence is the way I'm going to go too. What made you come to this point?

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  6. lucentio

lucentio Fapstronaut

My experience, being married to the love of my life for over 30 years, says that yes, it is possible. It has not been easy. My wife suffers from depression and other health related issues. Our relationship has been chaste for over 4 years. I've come to realize that while sexual relations with me wife were terrific, they were only part of our relationship. The spiritual aspect is more important.

7. I havn't given up but I'm fresh out of ideas. I have always been dead set against legal marriage. The more I learn about the family court system, I'm beginning to see the monogomous relationship with a woke woman, kid and cohabitation still leads to the same state sponsored slavery marriage does. I have no interest( well almost no interest) in casual hookups.

8. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

You mean finding that special someone who is beautiful, loving, and likes me for me? Yeah, right...Look, there goes a unicorn riding UFO!

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  9. CanadianDream

CanadianDream Fapstronaut

I gave up years ago. I have a "if it happens it happens" kind of attitude. Never been really good at perusing women, it was them who asked me out.

10. That sounds like co dependency

Deleted Account and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Yeah, I hear you. I'm sort of MGTOW-lite myself these days.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. I thought like this since before I even knew about MGTOW but I like MGTOW because it put my experiences into perspective and provides alot of factual information on alot of the hate and sexism men face.

Alot of the men in my family are alpha as fuck, good atheletes and they did really well really well career wise and I watched most of them become mangina servants for women. At 5 years old I was already like no thanks. I've seriously been telling people I wasnt getting marries since age 5, lol.

Ra's Al Ghul and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Same here

14. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Of course it disapproves of it.

15. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

There are many many things in conflict with my faith, but the fact is, I am just being honest at what will probably happen. We will all be sinners until death. I don't want to sin, and will do my best not to, but it doesn't change the fact that I am a sinner, thank the Lord my Salvation is no longer dependent on what I do, but on the finished work of Jesus Christ. This is called the Gospel.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

The thought of finding someone i have something in common with is nice, but I'm quite sure that won't happen for a while. I just wish that my parents would cut it out with trying to pressure me to date. I just don't have the time or money necessary for it right now.