1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best compliment someone has given you

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by u376, Nov 2, 2018.

1. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Let's share some positivity...
    Tell me the best compliment which you have received
    It can be related to your work, appearance, personality ..... anything

2. You have a beautiful c***. Nice a**.

3. When I met with my friend at a cafe about a month ago, he mentioned that he and his girlfriend at the time genuinely really liked the music that I produce. That was the first time someone had ever told me that in person and it made me feel real good :)

Sefz33 and u376 like this.
  4. I've been complemented many times, but a better question is "What is the best complement you have made for yourself?". The problem with your question is the complement is coming from someone external to you. There are super models and celebrities who are loved and praised and they hate themselves and go kill themselves. What matters is what you think about you, not what other people think. You should give high value to your own opinion and little value to the opinions of others. If you value the complements of others too much you will be hurt by criticism and will always need external validation. Hope that helps.

u376 and Coffee Candy like this.
  5. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Indeed encouraging....

6. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I can understand that very well
    Because I have been criticised a hundred times and there are only handful of praises.....
    And I am still slowly accepting myself......
    But still sometimes outside praise makes us feel good
    But you are right self appreciation is the best

7. If you want to get anything out of this, I would modify the question into: What was the best and honest compliment, you ever gave to someone else?
    It remembers you, what to strive for and how to make yourself better too.
    What we are used to believe about ourselves, especially the compliments or internal criticisms, is too often a bunch of egocentric bullshit, triggered and implanted by other peoples opinions about us. External flattering will not help you much in finding your personal weak spots or even improving yourself. Narcissism might make you President or an international superstar, but in the end you would be so blinded by your own vanity, that you stay nothing but a pathetic clown puppet, played by others, who have mastered themselve better.

It´s like with another very popular question, turned upside down:
    How many people are loving you? (aka how many followers do you have on facebook/twitter/instagram?) in contrast with:
    Who and how many people do you truly love yourselve? (if the answer is: no one - try to start with a pet)

8. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

When I was 10 I was having an identity crisis and misbehaving a lot, one day a teacher took me aside, yelled at me and said "you're better than this!", and I could feel that he really meant it. I cried, and that was the best compliment anyone has ever given me.

BestVersionToday and u376 like this.