1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"Blue balls" or "blue abdomen"?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Pablo Civisapas, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Hi,

I haven't found any thread on this topic, nor did I find any compelling information online, so I decided to ask here.

After a couple of days of NoFap I get some side effects, which include: behavior (spike in suddenness, aggression and disagreeableness), sensitivity (basically I can't touch my scrotum or penis without getting an erection), but also pain.

And it is the pain that I'm asking about here. That's because the pain is not in the scrotum, nor it is in the balls. I have pain in lower abdomen, above penis and balls. Right now it's on the left side of the abdomen. It's a dull ache, nothing extreme, just really, really irritating. If I can compare it to anything, it's like this pain you have in your scalp when you have a fever. So basically it's more irritation, or also some sort of "sensitivity" - just inside the abdomen. Do you catch my drift?

Should I be worried about it? Any idea how to mitigate or avoid it?

2. Sayonara

Sayonara Fapstronaut

Hey @Pablo Civisapas, your sperm ducts emerge from your testes at the top and move into the space above the penis (the groin) before moving backwards into the body and descending again through the penis. So its all connected and I wouldn't worry about any extra sensitivity for a couple of weeks.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

The vast majority of semen is stored in the seminal vesicles, which are inside the body, so that pressure could be causing it.

[​IMG]

There prostate and bulbourethral glands involved as well, so they might be contributing to it. Also the tube that goes from the testes to the urethra, the vas deferens, is surrounded by smooth muscle and (oddly, in my opinion) passes over the front of the pubic bone:

[​IMG]

So, basically all this stuff can get inflamed. As someone else described it,

...the commonly called "blue balls syndrome". This is the uncomfortable feeling that a man can have after being sexually stimulated and not having an orgasm. This discomfort is caused by continual contraction of the muscles of the urinary tract and the pelvis. These muscles contract and prepare for ejaculation during sexual stimulation. If the man is brought to orgasm, then these muscles contract and relax repetitively with great force. This is what causes ejaculation. After ejaculation, these muscles relax due to fatigue. If you don't ejaculate after being sexually excited, these muscles stay contracted for a period of time and cause pain or discomfort in the pelvic area. This pain is commonly felt in the testicles as a pressure or ache and thus the term "blue balls" was born. Contrary to popular belief, this does not cause any damage to the urinary or reproductive tracts but can be uncomfortable to the man.
    https://www.healthcentral.com/article/ask-the-expert-erectile-dysfunction

Using an ice pack or taking cold showers have helped. Sometimes I'll take anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen or aspirin. Avoid edging or triggering material. Over time, it gets better.

4. Thanks so much for a thorough response!

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  5. This ^^

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  6. One more question I have about this. Since aggressive behaviour, extreme disagreeableness and irritativeness are stuff I need to avoid at work at all cost, I've been thinking: is there a way to manage those? Like: it has to do with hormones, right? Do I have to keep my testosterone high or low, estrogen high or low, how does that all work?
    Maybe it's just something that's acting out stronger for me, but where does it come from - is it T?

I heard that physical activity might help. I used to be much more physically active than I am now, but I wasn't PMOing less at that time; even more so, I was getting aroused after physical exercise.
    Any advice welcome here...

7. Sayonara

Sayonara Fapstronaut

I think aggression has two sources. One is hormonal - we'll naturally be more aggressive/irritable with a particular cocktail of hormones. The other is mental - we all have issues that can kick our aggressiveness into action. The second one we can manage by looking at why we get aggressive and start to look at the sources of our anger. Basically giving ourselves therapy by understanding what's making us tick.

For the hormonal side, high testosterone is commonly linked to aggression and horniness, and your testosterone levels do spike after a workout so getting aroused after exercise makes sense. However, working out is a great stress reliever and energy expender so I wouldn't worry about your testosterone spiking and making you horny. The pay off of not being aggressive is much better. You just need to deal with the horniness for a bit - your testosterone levels will only increase for an hour or so after a work out

8. Thanks.
    I don’t have important mental sources of aggression, I’ve been a very chilled guy all through my life. So it has to be hormonal.
    That being said, is physical activity the only natural way to keep T at bay when no fapping nor sex?

9. I have seen it recommended to meditate. Just close your eyes and breath for 20 minutes. Im not necessarily saying exactly when you're feeling disagreeable... Obviously thats not always practical. But meditating has helped me in general. When Im at work (I work at a restaurant) I have on occasion gone into the freezer to "cool off" when Im feeling like a sex-deprived psychopath who would rather murder you than deal with another second of your shit.

Pablo Civisapas likes this.
  10. Hahaha exactly that xD

As for meditation - I think it’s a good idea, and for me it would be Rosary.