1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Drivers - Did you Pass your Driving Test first time?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Millenial, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I passed on the 4th time. Really lame because failed by 1 point the first time and by 15 points the 2nd time so I got worse before I actually passed. :emoji_blue_car::emoji_blue_car::emoji_blue_car::emoji_blue_car::emoji_blue_car::emoji_blue_car:

I found it all very difficult and it took me a long time after that to become a good driver.

2. I passed my first time, but I don't think people should feel bad about failing. driving tests are unique to most people as they test cognitive and motor proficiency, and some people just have inherently weak psychomotor skills. I had a girlfriend in college that failed 6 times before passing

Millenial likes this.
  3. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I think that's what people yelled at me when they saw me in my car. LOL

4. 7th time! Haha. Took me 14 years, 5 instructors, passing the theory 3 times (kept expiring) and 7 tests.

I kept failing, then quitting at even trying, then getting back on it, failing again, trying again and I eventually got there in the end

Same will be true of nofap! :)

Deleted Account and Millenial like this.
  5. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I am from India and I passed it on the first attempt
    Both learning and permanent

HE^MAN and Millenial like this.
  6. 1st time. My dad had been letting me drive since I was 14 but I felt like it came naturally. I wanted take the test on my actual 16th birthday but my mom wouldn't take me until later on during the month. If theres no traffic I actually enjoy driving.

Deleted Account and Millenial like this.
  7. Music Man

Music Man Fapstronaut

I passed the first time on a technicality. During a portion of the exam designed to test my ability to maneuver in close spaces I hit a cone and ran it over (the base stayed flat on the ground). When I pulled forward it popped back up. If I had knocked it on its side I would have failed automatically. Instead I lost points for hitting the cone and for stopping when I wasn't supposed to. I think I passed by 5 points.

Millenial likes this.
  8. Haven't even taken it yet. Some people say there's no point in learning to drive since before we know it driverless cars will take over. Apparently it'll be like mobile phones, there was a time when no one had one and before me knew it everyone had a mobile.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/05/09/first_autonomous_vehicles/

I probably still should learn to drive though. When they first come out it'll be very expensive but evenually will be affordable, but that will take time.

Millenial likes this.
  9. Did you Pass your Driving Test first time?
    Answer-
    no the guy testing me had a real attitude problem maybe it was because he was 4ft tall and weighted 400 pounds , I passed it on the second try when I had a more calm driving tester who didn't test the springs on my car with his weight

Millenial likes this.
  10. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

Yep, and I didn't let a pedestrian pass (the pedestrian waited on the sidewalk), and I almost stopped at a "make way" (excuse my English please) when there were no cars and the route was mounting. But I had over 100 hours before each one charged at 20-40€...

11. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

Yes, somehow. Since dad never took me driving on the road the only real driving experience I got was with the driving instructor. Winter driving was learned after I got my license. When I reflect I see I shouldn't have gotten my license when I did. Was still way too anxious.

12. 3rdEye

3rdEye Fapstronaut

I did, it was pretty easy actually

13. I passed the first time, but my instructor didnt even make me do the backing up part or parallel parking or anything, which is the only part I was really that nervous about. I'm not sure why she didnt do it. Maybe they were busy that day or she just forgot. But oh well, I wasnt about to complain.

Millenial likes this.
  14. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

2nd time. The instructor failed me for driving too slow near a school. Only in Australia.

Millenial likes this.
  15. I passed my second time. The first time, I was handed a paper on what the test held, but because the instructor was waiting for me to bring the car around and I didn't want to keep her waiting, I skimmed it. I also admit to being nervous the first time since I really wanted to pass it.

Those two reasons are why I failed the first time. The second time, about half a year later, not only was I much calmer, I found the test to be quite easy.

16. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Im from india...and i got 2 wheeler licence without giving practical test i.e driving, i have just cleared the written and got my permanent licence..lol

u376 likes this.
  17. 3rdEye

3rdEye Fapstronaut

what ? thats insane, arent you supposed to drive slow near schools in Australia ?

18. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

That must be previous case
    Because now they are doing their job more seriously.
    When I went for driving test there were many other for two wheelers ...and they were checking it closely.....there are certain cones and you have to draw 8 between them

HE^MAN likes this.
  19. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Ohh.thnk bro for knowledge
    Thats a really good progress by gov. There

u376 likes this.