1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Clean bulk

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 2, 2018.

1. I need help desperately. I've been lifting weights and my diet plan is really stressing me out. I need around 2500 to 2800 calories to bulk. I saw this guy on Youtube by the name of "Remington James" and I'm going by his routine for the most part. He actually includes a pint of ice cream at the end, but I'm avoiding dairy like the plague because I think it makes me break out. My plan goes as follows:
    Meal 1- 80 grams of steel cut oats with 2 tbs of peanut butter
    Meal 2- 1 scoop of protein powder with a cup or two of almond milk. After my shower I eat another 80 grams of steel cut oats without peanut butter.
    Meal 3- 8 oz of baked chicken with 1 bag of brown rice and 178 grams of green beans ( here's where my problem lies)
    Meal 4- same thing
    Meal 5- Another 80 grams of steel cut oats with a tbs of peanut butter

So far I've only done this for one day and holy shit was it hard. It's not the taste and it's not that I get too full. My problem is eating that damn rice and chicken. I'll be at work and I'm trying to get it all down, but I just keep chewing and chewing. It's so dry and it's making it very hard to eat. I have to take sips of water behind it just to swallow it. I actually break meals 3 and 4 into 4 plates that I eat at my breaks. I drink a gallon of water a day as well.

I'm just wondering if someone can help me or show me some videos on Youtube that will help. My macros are 60% carbs, 20% fat and 20% protein. I only weigh maybe 135 and I need to put on some weight. I actually don't look that bad for what I weigh. I have a nice figure and I'm toned, but I only weigh about 135 and I'm 5' 10". I used to weigh more because I would get stoned and I literally couldn't stop eating, but then I quit eating and I just kept on losing weight.

2. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi,

To me personally following such a strict diet is not easy in the long run. _Most_ people will get tierd of following such a diet. But if you are able to follow a diet for the long run, good for you!

I myself used to track my calories, proteins and carbs by using an app on my phone. It helped me gain 0.5 kgs each week. I had a very normal and healthy diet, but included some extra eggs and used protein shakes and gainer shake. I myself think it is more important to follow a strict diet when you are on the cut phase, if needed. I myself was very happy without cutting. I think it is important to have a diet you can actually live with - but watching how much you eat of what is a good way. Because you can get a bit tierd of eating and following a eating rutine in the long run, so even tho you are motivated now - you may lose a bit motivaton late, which may give you a set back. But I don't know you - so maybe you will be able to do it.

I don't really know how much you have lifted before all this? But from my personal experience after going to the gym for 6 year, I would recommend to get strong when it comes to benchpress, deadlift and squats. For those exercieses I had a 5x5 rutine, including other exercises where I would have an other count of sets and repetitions. Made some good gains from doing this, and did not gain a lot of fat - mostly muscle.

3. I think because of my size I'm gonna stick to compound movements and only work out 3 days a week doing full body workouts. Eat breakfast, do a high-intensity work out and then eat my calories throughout the day. Dude, I was surprised at how easy it was to drink a gallon of water. I drank a whole gallon easy and I could still drink. I'm not saying I'm extremely thirsty, but I make sure I drink my water and it's pretty simple.

Oatmeal is probably gonna be my next best friend. I actually read a good idea about putting oatmeal into my protein shake. Extra calories right there man. I think you're right that I shouldn't be too strict right now because I'm bulking. I'm gonna add peanut butter to my oatmeal every time I eat it. Eating some extra fat wouldn't be the worst thing in the world right now. I'm trying to gain weight, not lose it. I would drink milk, but that shit seems to make me break out. No milk and no cheese for me. Also, eggs make me nauseated. I made a lot of them earlier and only made it half way through before I had to stop. If I had kept eating I would've puked. I can eat anything else, but eggs make me sick as hell. Not sure why.

4. Jack of Clubs

Jack of Clubs Fapstronaut

There's an easy solution to the chicken and rice dryness problem: Pour a tablespoon of olive oil over it. Olive oil is a great source of fat, and has a very mild nice taste.

SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  5. Hell yeah I appreciate that. I'm gonna try that out.

6. SorryWontSayIt

Very good idea to stick to compund movements specially if you are going to workout three times per week. If you one day want to increase how many days per week you workout, you will have to make your progrom into a more "split", to give your bodyparts some rest while working on others.

Good thing that you are able to drink a lot of water, very important! Specially if you ever (or do use?) creatine.

Also good thing that you force yourself to eat stuff that makes you puke! Eat stuff that you need and feel is good for you. But regarding what I said earlier I would also like to include never go full "eat-what-you-want-style" just because you are on a bulk. I am sure you don't do it, but some people misunderstand me and have to make a big cut phase after their bulking, which also destroys their muscles. So it is better to have a good - strict (if able too) or eating normal but in a large amount, to gain. That way you won't need to cut as much and you will keep more of the muscle mass you have gained.

7. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

I follow my own simple routine of working out. I walk, lift weights, and use a pedometer to see how many miles I walk and how many calories I burn. I do not need all this complicated stuff like following a strict diet or becoming the next Chuck Norris. HaHa.

8. Yeah I made that mistake the first time I ever bulked years ago. I ate fast food constantly and drank a shit ton of milk. I got up to 150 pounds, which for me is actually a lot, but I was gaining so much fat it was ridiculous. I gained about 20 pounds in 2 months hahaha. I was so dumb back then. I looked bad man.

Actually the only thing that makes me nauseous is eggs. I'm not sure why. I've read that eggs are the best source of protein there is, but it does have fat in it. Chicken is pure protein, but I guess the eggs help you get all of the protein or something like that. I actually don't take creatine.

You think you can build muscle on a vegan diet? Gabriel Kalei Bocenegra said you can gain muscle on a fruit diet, but I honestly don't see how. What do you think? I'd like to become a vegan one day, but not now. I think he called it a fruitarian diet or something like that.

SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  9. SorryWontSayIt

Good thing you have learned from the past! :)

I am not sure how good or bad a vegan diet is for building muscles - not a vegan myself and have not read a lot about it. But I am pretty sure it is possible. What I would recommend is that you do a normal bulk now. While you do so you can do some extra reading regarding the subject and learn more.

Also you can try to search up examples of vegan diets that are ment to create muscle - try them out, if they fail - just go back to the old :)

Deleted Account likes this.