1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple - Mojave and iOS 12 - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Millenial, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I am just downloading them now. Still get a little excited when these updates come out. Definitely need to get out more. LOL.

Master Chips likes this.
  2. oneaffidavit

oneaffidavit Fapstronaut

I am going to stay on 10.3 on my iPhone 5s and My rMBP is on El-Capitan. Shall think of updating after big squashing fixes (probably 3-4 months down the line)

Master Chips likes this.
  3. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I've got an iPhone 5s too. Not certain but I think iOS 12 will be the last one it can handle.

Master Chips likes this.
  4. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Sure I know what you mean. What's funny is that some of those phones are amazing but I always found the Android system impossible which kinda ruined it. Maybe it's got better but can't go back to it now.

Master Chips likes this.
  5. I switched from my iPhone 6s back to my Andriod Samsung Note 8. I don't hate either platform and I liked the iOS12 update. When I went back to the Note 8 they had some updates available which fixed a keyboard lag issue I had been having with device despite multiple hard resets.

Master Chips likes this.
  6. That's offensive to Android users :p

7. oneaffidavit

oneaffidavit Fapstronaut

It depends. I used Galaxy series earlier and dumped the phone in 9 months as it was rubbish and upgraded to iPhone 5s. Its been more than 4.5 years and I am very happy with the iPhone except battery life.

I started using Android phone (Xiaomi $250 phone) as my main device from last 3 years. It has only 16gb storage, average camera but great battery life. iPhone is great in everything except battery life. Overall, I think Xiaomi got solid devices minus the camera. I am more happy with Xiaomi phone than iPhone.

EDIT:
    MIUI is extremely stable and buttery smooth. iOS got trash during iOS 8 and they took almost two major versions to fix the mess and now they are again fixing the mess of iOS 11 with iOS 12 fearing lawsuits of phones slowing down.

Master Chips likes this.
  8. I agree with you that Xiaomi gives a great spec with less price. Personally I never tried a phone as solid as OnePlus from all aspects, even its camera is just amazing.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. I just looked up OnePlus and it looks amazing. I'm going to have to try it. I want to say damn you and thank you at the same time, lol.

Master Chips likes this.
  10. Glad you found what you want! Actually it is considered as the fastest and best Android phone in the world, not best Camera through, but it is good enough. I have the 3T version which is 2016 Module and I tell you It never lagged with me or had any instability, unless I play with root stuff :p
    It is always up to date with continues updates and improvements, even Android P is coming :p
    The launcher is also simple and combines between Google Pixel's launcher + IPhone shelf.

11. I would honestly say Samsung phones are just the worst of all. If there was a samsung phone I would buy, it wi be the Note nothing else. But I agree that many componies don't provide good phones as they calim on their ads. I would always recommend the IPhone alternative base in Android which is Google Pexel, and then Oneplus because it is considered as the second phone for developers when it comes to Android.

12. I agree! I have friends who can not get comfortable with android no matter what, yet they love iphone, I am opposite. I see Sony phones are just as same as random phones with a higher cost for the name of their brand :p