1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

-===- IGY has left NoFap -===-

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Headspace, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Silently and noteless, one of the most notorious NoFap members - IGY - has left this ever-growing community after about five years of membership.

Good news is that he had completed a full year of hard mode abstinence only recently, reaching NoFap Olympus. Even before that, he did several three-digit streaks. I talked with him and he is still going strong in this regard, no relapse or reset in sight.

NoFap shouldn't only be about your streak, though. Abstinence is a means to an end, not an end in itself. IGY was well aware of this. Unfortunately, his physical and mental health problems restrict his actions. But he won a lawsuit only few months ago, after many doubts and anxiety, which was a huge achievement for him. He is also trying to make major changes in his life.

For me, IGY was always there in good as well as in bad times. I've been on the site for three years now myself, having done a 240 day abstinence followed by a two-year period of relapses and streaks hardly longer than 30 days. IGY was there throughout. Not only did he listen to all of my worries and the darkest and nastiest of my thoughts, but he also kept asking for my wellbeing by himself, especially when I became suspiciously silent and avoidant once again. And so he did with many other users. He was like his avatar: an owl keeping an eye on you. Only now, as we are both doing great in abstinence terms, the contact has become a bit more sporadic.

IGYs last account was already his second one. In total, this man must have made well above 10,000 posts. Add to this countless profile posts and long private messages. His departure is a loss to the community. On the other hand, this place should be a temporary shelter for most of us. May be IGYs time here is simply over now. Let's remember him with gratitude and respect. Share your thoughts here.

Jim2015, KurosuX, Arc12 and 46 others like this.
  2. I'll miss his presence and hope that he decides to return someday if he wants to. But I respect his decision and he has to do what he feels is best for him. In either case, wish him all of the best in happiness and health.

Arc12, Lions, Randox and 17 others like this.
  3. Isuperman

Isuperman Fapstronaut

Ohh my first nofap mentor finally escaped. happy for him.. best wishes for his life. hope somedays he will keep some times and guide us .. sorry to say but what physical and mental health problems he have?

4. Let's keep personal information about IGY out of the thread.

But happy to hear that he left a positive impact on you.

5. gogibasket

gogibasket Fapstronaut

Great man left this community, @Headspace buddy respect for ur post... What to say only that I feel proud to meet him here... He's like guard angel

6. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

I personally didnt know the guy but he left nofap (Last year too I think) and came back. I think hell be back, again.

Arc12, vxlccm and Contentful T like this.
  7. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

OH CLARA, CLARA, WHERE ART THOU, DO SAY YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FAP AGAIN!

Jk. A farewell song as tribute to him. I hope he is moving in a forward direction. He seemed really attached to being here and it seems when he left it was usually to backslide. You seem to know him best though OP, and whether or not he asked you to make this for him I hope he is doing well and left in good spirits.

Arc12 likes this.
  8. Nice avatar lol

9. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I came up with the idea myself, but asked him for approval :)

Arc12 and gogibasket like this.
  10. gogibasket

gogibasket Fapstronaut

He told me that

Arc12 and Headspace like this.
  11. Maybe he just needed some time to get away and balance himself he has done a lot for people on this site let him have a break

Arc12, Reborn16, Isuperman and 2 others like this.
  12. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I haven't been here all that long and didn't know the fellow. The best to him on the rest of his journey.

Arc12 and Deleted Account like this.
  13. I will truly miss his presence on here. I’ve been a member for over 3 years now and he’s honestly the most supportive person on here. He would always message me whenever I relapsed. Even whenever I didn’t reply back he would still continue to message me whenever my counter restarted. I’ve had amazing conversations with him.. Hopefully he does return back but if he chooses not to I understand. I will miss that owl lol

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  14. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Well, I can understand the haps. But, @Lazarus Shuttlesworth has the right of it, as well. My experience as well. Happy trails, IGY.

15. That's weird. I thought he was suspended.

16. He'll never see my success story! I would miss him too. Truly awesome fapastronaut- he'll be missed!

Arc12, Randox, WanderTruth and 2 others like this.
  17. Isuperman

Isuperman Fapstronaut

I think last step of recovery is quiting this group

18. IGY is obviously not an alternate account of Tweeby. I'm certain of it. Let's end that troll-created rumor right here because IGY would not like that.

19. Looks like @IGY still tags a name, so maybe he’s back?

Arc12 likes this.
  20. We are reserving the username after he deleted his account to prevent trolls from impersonating him.

21. Nice! Well whatever he does, I wish him the best along with the rest of the vets who help out.

Arc12, Moon Shot, Beamer and 3 others like this.