1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Aliens

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jojoestar, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Beamer_Dreamer

Beamer_Dreamer Fapstronaut

only up to four billion years or so from now. Because at that point the sun will expand 100 times engulfing and vaporizing mercury, venus, and earth and then implode as a supernova then becoming a white dwarf for hundreds of billions of years. So then there will be no earth.

2. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

Billions of years is enough time to raise the planet's orbit, if civilization is still around. Our star is also too small to go supernova. It will become a red giant, and will roast Earth in its current orbit.

3. Jason_Tesla_19

Billions of years is also plenty of time for starlifting, to prevent the Sun from becoming a red giant in the first place.

4. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

Ive seen a ufo before years ago. I didnt experience the alien part though so im still a skeptic on that part. Im one of those type of people who live by the motto "seeing is believing." I was jumping on a trampoline with some friends and I noticed 3 lights, in a triangle formation, the lights were the same color as the color orange imagine a fire that orange. I could not see anything else, just those 3 orange lights, I couldnt even make out its true shape. There were 3 other people with me who can verify this. The lights stopped right above us, Im dead serious. I would say that those lights were at least 200-500 ft above us. I had learned a lot about ufos and I remember the movie "The fourth kind" at that moment and was starting to get really scared. I made up an excuse to my friends that I was going inside to find something to record with. Another kid also got scared and came with me into the house. I couldnt find anything to record with. So I went back outside and looked up and it was gone. I asked my friends where it went. They said "it zigzagged up into the sky, disappearing." I looked in all directions and couldnt find it.
    I knew from the very beginning that when I first saw those lights it was no ordinary aircraft. It was approaching us way to slow and it made NO SOUND WHATSOEVER. And no men in black ever spoke to us. I wasnt too connected with my friends so im not sure if they told anyone either.
    Oh and btw dont pay attention to my avatar...lol. BUT seriously I did see something weird.

jojoestar and Coffee Candy like this.
  5. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

I basically agree with you, those things are probably not real, i firmly believe only what i can see, still, i had some experiences in the last five years that turn me from a skeptic about everything into someone who believe in everything and don't believe in anything.

I watch the videos of that guy because i'm interested in esotheric arguments, and he is a big expert. He is a chemistry professor at a high rated italian university, and his culture and knowledge is really amazing, you can understand just by how he speaks that he is no ordinary.
    This said, for what i know for sure he can be totally crazy and out of his mind.

6. Beamer_Dreamer

The thing about ufo's is that it's unidentified. Meaning you are not sure what it is. Logically your thoughts on it should stop right there. Thinking it's an alien just because you don't know what it is, is called an argument from ignorance. Also it's important to note that there are many fewer sightings by astronomers both professional and amateur then there are by other people. Mostly because they actually know what they're looking at. Either way whether anyone has actually seen them or not, there will be no certainty until there's impractical evidence which there currently is not. Also moving the planets orbit is a terrible idea. unless we follow the sun as it expands and then follow it back as it shrinks into a white dwarf. Otherwise going farther will risk both freezing us to death and leaving the extremophiles at the bottom of the ocean to live our throwing the entire planet out of the solar system.

7. jojoestar

jojoestar Fapstronaut

What do you guys think of the Ancient Astronauts? There are lots of carvings, statues etc, of them all over the world in ancient temples and such.

hardowner likes this.
  8. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

I read a sitchin book, interesting.

9. Jason_Tesla_19

I think people are reading too much into the drawings, going in with preconceptions and points to prove. They could very well have been religious drawings (angels, demons, gods, ghosts, etc.).

10. Beamer_Dreamer

Incredibly unlikely. There are so many things in space that would kill us that no ancient people would be able to protect themselves from. Not to mention there's no possible way they could've gotten there. They didn't climb up there, they definitely didn't have the means to launch themselves up there. They didn't have anything to wear that could keep them at 1 bar of air pressure so they didn't explode, they didn't have any source of oxygen or anything sealed to keep it in. There are too many things that would keep them on the ground.

11. Beamer_Dreamer

I forgot to mention something about this too. The Multi-verse Theory is interesting. The problem is that there is no way to get to the other universes. The way the theory is now, they never interact.

Another thing is we actually can see very far into our universe. So far that we've seen light from hundreds of billions of galaxies. Not to mention the Cosmic Background Radiation (CBR). The CBR is an omnipresent, omnidirectional wall of microwave radiation left over from the big bang. The James Webb Space Telescope is set to launch in 2019 and it has the ability to see in different electromagnetic wavelengths than just visible light like the Hubble Telescope. The James Webb Space Telescope can collect light in infrared so we can see much more than what our eyes can see.

12. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

You have a graduation in...?

13. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

Another interesting things you guys should look into is "Tabby's star (aka KIC8462852). In short, it is a star that has been observed to be dimming, in brightness, at unusual levels. Even though it is somewhat in the same stage of our own star, it has been dipping in brightness from about 1-20%. Something is blocking all that light. I remember them saying that even exoplanets when passing by the star could not block that amount of light and especially not for days at a time. There have been many theories as to why it has been dipping but one of them is extraterrestrial megastructures. Something like a dyson sphere or dyson swarm. Only advanced civilizations of a type 2 on the Kardashev scale are capable of building such construct. For example, a civilization of type 1 on the Kardashev scale can harness all the energy which reaches its planet from its neighboring star or all the energy of their own planet. A type 2 can harness the total energy of the sun. They could even control the star. Star wars would be considered a type 2, close to a type 3 though, which can harness all the energy in their galaxy. The human race isnt even a one on the scale yet. The scale goes to a type 3 but others have gone up to 4, 5, and 6. A 6 being godlike and can travel the omniverse (everything). Anyways, nobody knows definitively what is blocking that light from tabbys star. The SETTI Institute has used their telescope to look for artificial radio transmissions there and came up empty. In my opinion if it was an advanced alien race they would have evolved out of radio transmissions. Maybe thats why were not picking anything up. We are using outdated technology to find extraterrestrial life there. We are stil primitive compared to them. If it even is aliens anyway.

jojoestar likes this.
  14. If you're into aliens and conspiracies, you just have to watch 'Unacknowledged.' Incredibly good documentary by Steven Greer.

A lot of people really have seen a lot of strange things. Until the government decides to declassify information, anything to do with aliens requires a grain of salt.

The thought of aliens landing on Earth used to scare me when I was a kid. Now I'd probably look at them the way I look at animals, only they'd look a bit weird at first probably, since they'd come from a different planet and it would take a lot of getting used to. But, apparently to people like Dr. Greer, they're out there and very concerned about how we're trying to fight each other with nuclear bombs. This would mean they're far more advanced, since only primitives believe war is the answer to everything.

Apparently there's a possibilty that the military has already reverse engineered alien aircraft. If that is so people could have been using this technology, crossing the Atlantic or the globe for that matter in just seconds. Introducing this technology, of course would mean that entire markets would be wiped out, not in the least the oil business.

If aliens were to introduce their technology, that is, if they're out there, people would no longer be slaves to the system. According to conspiracists, this is the main reason why the government is not disclosing information on this topic. It's not because the population would be afraid, like they say, it's more because they would lose the power over the population. In a way this is both good and bad. I mean you really wouldn't want alien technology ending up in the wrong hands, on the other hand, it would really benefit humanity and this planet if we could introduce new types of (seemingly endless) energy. Aliens could be the answer to global warming.

jojoestar, Coffee Candy and im_broken like this.
  15. My dad swears on his life that a large black craft the size of several houses floated silently over his head before making a rapid change in speed and direction and going over the horizon

Personally i think most sightings are not aliens, but some are - im a believer :p

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Aliens May be out there! But the space is so vast, energy is finite and travel takes ungodly amounts of time... So even if they are there... Visiting us or us visiting them will never be feasible... Unless some new laws of physics are discovered which can allow matter to travel faster than speed of light and at the same time maintain its material nature let alone the biological nature.
    Each time you look at a star... You're glimpsing into the past... What was and what isn't now... So when somebody finds about us... Maybe the solar system wouldn't exist at that time and if we find some signals or something, those beings are done with their existence untold ages ago!
    As long as known physics binds us... It is impossible.
    Finding them is possible but them being alive at the same time as us... It ain't!

17. The Drake equation estimates the number of alien civilizations in the Milky Way to be somewhere between 0 and 15 million. So I think it's safe to say we don't know shit.

18. Maybe they figured out how to create and travel through worm holes that close instantly behind their craft?

19. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

According to the history of science, this happens at leat every few hundred years. So never say never.

I am highly skeptical about the whole contemporary neo-darwinist big bang spacetime materialistic scientific concept of the universe we live in. I believe there are quite a few ontological and epistomological problems with it, such as circular arguments, and I don't believe empirical research will ever be able to state a single sensible thing about consciousness. If the unvierse is as vast as it is usually being described, I would definitely expect there to be life on other planets too, though. Then again, I believe everything is alive, in a way.

Not so sure about contacts between Alien races and earth, though...

20. That requires lots of energy! And planets have finite energy... The level human civilization has reached has already almost exhausted all the available resources of Earth and we will be hard pressed to maintain this pace of development within next half century and mighty near to impossible within hundred to hundred fifty years. And we are light years behind worm hole technology.
    Nopes sir... A single planet or a few planetary resources are not gonna suffice.
    Like I said energy and matter are the biggest hurdles in such situations.