1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Marihuana and abstinence

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by argentiniandonjuan, Sep 12, 2018.

1. argentiniandonjuan

argentiniandonjuan Fapstronaut

hi as i wrote before im new on this website, has anyone tried with some weed ? Im planning to keep clean 1 week and smoke some weed to chill, maybe this way i can change my neuronal connections associated with pleasure and begin again, just likeif i was a Virgin again. You see our brain is just like the ocean and the sand, when the tide is low there are marks on the sand but if i use weed to make my tide high i can begin again with a new life haha. ( im not used to smoke, ive tried it like 3 times only)

Moon Shot likes this.
  2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Smoking weed only creates another habit. I don’t see replacing PMO with smoking weed as a wholesome alternative.

3. argentiniandonjuan

Im not talking about creating a new habit, im talking about smoking once to equilibrate myself and stop thinking on this. It could bring the past me, where everything was shiny and colorful and i used to normally take a steap ahead. It could help to eliminate the nexus between pleasure and a cold screen... to live life again

4. I would say that it depends on your past relationship with weed. Smoking weed does not have to become habitual but when youre cutting bad habits, its probably best to stay away from extra stimulus. It effects everyone different but honestly smoking doesnt help me with NoFap.

In my case, I've smoked almost daily for years and would commonly be stoned with PMO. I enjoyed weed but it became a habit. Recently I had to abstain from weed for 50+ days so its no accident why I had my 2 longest PMO free streaks during my weed hiatus(superpowers were off the chain, lol). I have been able to abstain while smoking but I realized that herb makes me prone to slip up and relapse.

My plan is to quit weed for the most part until PMO is beaten. If I can break the psychologial link between weed and PMO and I prove I can partake without relapse, I'll partake on a limited basis.

5. argentiniandonjuan

Thanks for your replies guys.. i really appreciatte that you stopped a minute to read my ideas. First of all Sarah i agree it could be a mask for my problems but it could help me to get away from PMO and the world for a while, until i reassemble myself. I want to highlight that after smoking weed for the first time i had sex the following day, and its a moment i wont forget because i know marihuana helped me achieve those goals, maybe this time i have to try it again just for once. I dont associate weed with pleasure, i associate it with connecting myself more to the people i care without even thinking PMO issues ( and not while im high, i mean when i come down and see my reality). Im so sad that you mixed weed with PMO at the same time, what weed causes on me is the contrary effect.

6. lucentio

lucentio Fapstronaut

I agree with the others here. IMHO you would be better to stay away from weed. I've been smoking weed on and off for over 45 years. I do not have a problem with people smoking it but why take the risk? I quit weed just to be on the safe side when I went on Monk Mode 42 days ago. I will probably smoke it again but want to hit my goal of 90 days before I make any changes.

7. I just skimmed read a few post, people mention "habit", but did you consider "addiction" in years to come? Is America on dat der "Marijuana is not addictive" trip now with legalisation? Is that what they are saying? I'm interested to know. Please do tell.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Well said, i agree

9. argentiniandonjuan

After reading all this i think im more predisposed not to smoke weed, it is just the fact that i dont see anything bad on it, my friends smoke it regularly and the y have a better quality of life, but i believe i will follow your ideas, i have got to do this the rough way, the only way we can achieve whatever in life.

Deleted Account and Moon Shot like this.
  10. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Smoking marijuana reduces inhibitions as well, which make it more difficult to abstain from PMO. The whole point of why we're here in the first place. Creating another addiction while smoking, escaping into it, or even trying to use it to temporarily to suspend yourself in a dream, that's not recovery. Working through uncomfortable issues, facing the root cause(s) is the only way I have found that works. Like the OP said, 'the hard way.'

I agree with @Sarah W. Why not try meditation, or something which helps to ground you?

11. argentiniandonjuan

I wish i had a guide on how to meditate, so i could learn

FX-05 likes this.
  12. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

I smoked weed while on my streak of a yr and few months but now I find myself more anxious after smoking so I’m gonna cut back completely If i can it doesn’t really add anything to your life and I see now I have more money to do things and buy things I need I honestly was lying to myself about it now that I’m cutting out pmo completely I think weed is next thing to get rid off but I’m not gonna judge anyone who does it because I have been there and plus now that I’m at A state of a higher consciousness I just feel guilty being high around the people I love and the never was the case while I was pmoing

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  13. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I quit. It serves no purpose for me anymore nor do I need it as medicine, thankfully. It only clouded my mind and turned me into a lazy hedonist in retrospect.

Deleted Account and Hitto like this.
  14. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

Legalization in the US has nothing at all to do with making some kind of statement about the relative addictiveness of MJ. It is about the sane and rational acknowledgement that prohibition is a miserable, stupid, cure-is-worse-than-the-disease FAILURE!

No, I don't smoke.

argentiniandonjuan likes this.
  15. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

There isn't any set method of meditating. All that meditation is, is a practice in mindfulness. It can be simple as focusing on your breath, or on a stationary object and gently pushing away distracting toughts.

As for guided meditation, have you ever heard of Headspace? You might want to check it out.