1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of buying an activity tracker

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Unjustfailure, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Unjustfailure

Unjustfailure Fapstronaut

I've never owned one so far so Im assuming it could give some motivation with the contentc logging off my physical activity.. Also the reminders to move when you're for way too long still is a nice addition.. ( boredom and fatigue are a huge trigger for me)
    ( I just hope it won't think I'm swimming while I'm relapsing :p )

Do you thing an activity tracker could actually make a difference in my struggle?
    Or maybe some other kind of gatzet or equipment?

2. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Got a fitbit. It's fun to have different goals.

Had same issue with fatigue. Used it as a sleep tracker. Made sure I got enough deep sleep, REM sleep, etc.

Also liked the heart rate monitor. Learned how to relax & mediate to lower my heart rate (& get better sleep).

3. Unjustfailure

Unjustfailure Fapstronaut

do you think the now Fitbit 3 with the money?
    Or should I go with versa or something else?

4. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

I got the Fitbit Charge 2 for $150. So the Charge 3 for the same price sounds about right. That’s a lot of money for me at first. But in hindsight, it was worth the restful nights of sleep. Also helped me from getting a heat stroke out in the sun.

The Versa? There was something about it I didn’t like. I forgot.

Others get an Apple Watch that does the same thing. But that’s just too much money for me.

5. I never checked my heart rate after meditation. Gotta try that.

Get the Versa, its the shit. I use the silent alarm function.

530-awake
    650-leave for gym
    1200-eat
    300-eat
    800- read
    830-meditate
    then I sleep

I downloaded an app called work flow which is a Pomodoro timer 25 minutes timed work with a 5 minute break then repeats. A calculator.

I mentioned that alarm because its a pre sleep plan, I also found I need an extra 30-60 minutes extra sleep to get my 8 hours so its been good. I set up fitbit pay as well so I can make cardless payments. I can also see I'm burning some good calories in the Gym.

Also good for interval training HIIT I do on the bike I can see when my heart rate goes down and then I do 30 seconds high intensity and then put it on the lowest setting (bike) for 2 minutes. I can see my fitness (going by my heart rate) has improved in weeks. I know this because on my recovery 2 minutes my heart rate goes down quicker. I'm happy with my purchase. BTW, chat support is excellent!

koolpal likes this.
  6. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Surprisingly, I found my heart rate the lowest during meditation (even lower than resting or sleeping).

Cool! Another favorite function to keep me on schedule. Sometimes I forget to eat.

That's awesome! I do the Pomodoro technique too! So, during the 5-minute break, I try to lower my heart rate as quickly as possible. It's fun seeing the effects real-time on the fitbit.