1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Boxing vs kickboxing

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by __zeXon__, Aug 17, 2018.

1. __zeXon__

__zeXon__ Fapstronaut

I did boxing for a couple of months a year ago and had to quit because of some problems i had. I'm planning on starting again but everyone keeps telling me that i should go train kickboxing instead. I learned how to punch, i also did karate as a kid and i know some of the basic kicks. Which one do you guys think it's better for self defense and why? Also, which one is more exciting as a sport?

Amukadi8 likes this.
  2. I did TKD decades ago and I remember a guy in my class who competed as an amateur boxer. He would whip the shit out of the student teachers all the time in sparring. He just punched so fast. Once he learned how to kick, he was a force to be reckoned with, b/c he had punching speed and distance w/those kicks.

Kickboxing I say. If I had money/time to get back into martial arts, I’d do kickboxing myself.

Kenzi, Amukadi8 and __zeXon__ like this.
  3. Amenquaruzz8

Amenquaruzz8 Fapstronaut

dude, try Kyokushin karate, Muay Thai, Mugendo kickboxing/Dutch kickboxing, k1, and Sanada, bro youll be a beast

4. __zeXon__

__zeXon__ Fapstronaut

Unfortunately i only have access to boxing, kickboxing and karate gyms in my town. I have the green belt in karate, i only found 3 kicks useful tbh. Nvm, i'll give kickboxing a shot.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  5. GSM

GSM Fapstronaut

I came from a family of boxing yet I took up kickboxing. kickboxing training can be intense as in the exercise but I don't feel a kickboxers boxing skill is ever as good as a boxers, boxers are typically stronger and faster. I've been in many fights and I never use my legs, I can use them but I would only ever use them in sparing(I'm one belt of blackbelt), some kicks can be useful but a lot of the kicks are just for show, I definitely recommend boxing, no part of boxing is for show.

__zeXon__ likes this.