1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Help

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Aug 15, 2018.

1. So today I have decided I need to seek help.

I just turned 30 and had a number of positive things happen. I am getting a house in a city near younger people my age and hold a stable job. However, my time PMOing has cut out my social life.

I am close with my family and use them as a security blanket. I used to go out on my own and try to meet people.

I have always been intimidated by attractive women.

I was afraid to approach them and as a resukt turned to pmo. Worst thing i could’ve done. I was 19 when things went bad - my ex even warned me about this and said it would screw up my life. I had no idea. Now I am kicking myself.

As of today, I am 8 days into nofap and feel the flatline. It is really eye opening to see what happens when you pull away from the computer and realize what you are missing in the world.

About a month and a half ago I met someone who was a great addition to my life. The circumstances which I met her are odd and I cannot post exactly how to protect her. We started off friendly - I liked her. Lots in common, interests, beliefs etc. Things got intimate fast and shes leaving very soon to her home state. I cant do long distance and she cant either. I got jealous, anxious all these things when I saw she was leaving and she still wants to be “friends”. But I cant see myself as someone as a friend after I have been intimate with her. She sends me messages, wishing me well. I cant respond now, otherwise its a circle.

I feel like it’s a waist, but her and many others have told me I am very pessimistic and I agree. I want to be positive and present positive vibes to others but I have no idea how. I tortured myself this weekend about how she could be out with someone else etc. as a result, I couldn’t sleep, eat, had panic attacks etc. My mind was racing and it was unhealthy. She tells me shes afraid to lose me as a friend but I cant deal with it.

Now, I will be without her - this past month I was out with her a lot. Without her, theres a drop in eventful things in my life. Idk what to do.

Ive doubted my height (5’7), my looks, etc. but I know because I have only relied on tinder/bumble apps I havent put myself out there in person. Which sucks, so I feel like I have missed out.

I currently take antidepressants and feel like I need to speak to a therapist.

Does anyone have advice?

2. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

I really like that you're working with your family and seeking professional help is also a good idea, in general. On the other hand, in the end, I am pretty sure that we all agree that rebooting is a process one does mostly by oneself. So...as complements to the reboot the above area fine, but as substitutes for the actual single-combat work of rebooting they will not do at all.

Like I, somewhat redundantly said in an earlier post, the answer ultimately is first and foremost to "(a) reboot, (b) reboot patiently, and (c) reboot consistently... and (e) watch our reboot transform our feelings, our thinking, and above all our actions."

Success!

3. Target365

Target365 Fapstronaut

If you want to give positive vibes to others then you need to carry it within you. Try to change your perception, If she's happy in her life then be happy for her genuinely in your heart and focus on being happy in your life, I don't recommend being friends with her until you're feelings are stable. Realise that there is so much life offers and it's a waste of time thinking about her(your thoughts and emotions must be in your control). Be the kind of person who makes everyone happy and in return doesn't expect anything from them that's how you deliver positive vibes in people and that's the path to true happiness. And last but not least do meditation that will help you see beauty in everything by changing your perception.

4. Neither of those are crutches to nofap. I am determined to reboot completely.

I feel like the therapy will help my thought process of constant negative thoughts.

5. Any types of meditation you recommend?

To all - Am I illogical in my thinking with my feelings and such?

6. Target365

Target365 Fapstronaut

Anulom vilom(Alternate nose breathing)

I'm not saying you are wrong in your thinking or that she is wrong in hers, all I'm saying is if there's something that can be done in your situation then do it, if not then there is no reason for you to keep thinking about it and torturing yourself. Let it go and be happy for her.

7. A therapist was a great help for me. I recommend them.

Just keep in mind that they are not all the same and they are expensive. If you have a therapist that isn’t a help, don’t hesitate to find a better one.