1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I lost against life

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by positivefunction, Aug 3, 2018.

1. We're on the same boat man. I had a back injury and it greatly affects my life. What I do now is I read books, many books, I try to hang out with other people even it is hard, for exercise, I just walk in the morning if I have time. Just keep your self busy man. I hope we'll get better

2. Strange10566

Strange10566 Fapstronaut

Hope you will recover soon.
    If you have time tell me more about yourself.

3. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

You described how I am feeling right now, but one thing I will say is that no matter how low you get you can't be said to be a loser.. because you're still here. Life is an adversary, a rock to sharpen ourselfs against, and yes she can dull us too but how can we be said to be losers when we haven't lost. losing maybe, losers NO. How are we losers when we are still here? She hasn't got rid of us yet. Even at this darkest of stages where others have failed, we are still here. There are no losers in life, only in death. There are only people struggling and struggling hard at that. But We still have time to win before the game is out, dont give up.

4. If you think you had a loser-like life, whatever :) change it :)

Change everything you don't want :)

Bman101 likes this.
  5. nef

nef Fapstronaut

same here bro no money, no handsome face no cool looks no body to even look like a human being but you know i have something more to do just to find women for myself i focus on future so that i can be someday successful look like tom cruise and have 6 figure in account then i'm going to find a women who has came from same way

6. positivefunction

positivefunction Fapstronaut

Hey there everyone,

First of all, thank you all very much for taking the time to comment, and show your support. It feels great to know there are other people who have your back.

I havent replied to this thread in quite some time.

I have a little update:

I got an internship in another city, and decided to use the opportunity to make a fresh start.

So far I have made a friend at work, got a nice haircut, started running regularly (basically, taking care of myself- the way I should have from the beginning).

I decided to change my mentality a bit here: All I'm going to do is focus on what I CAN change instead of what I CAN'T change.

I think I can safely say now that I no longer feel defeated. I'm just going to do what I do, and have fun doing it, that's all.

I hope it works out well.

PS: Some of you guys claimed to have been through something similar. If you want we can discuss ways to help each other out. Just PM me.

7. THEdally_llama

THEdally_llama Fapstronaut

That's great to hear man, I'm glad things are starting to change so soon for you. There are so many ways to constantly beat yourself up, but you got to push those thoughts aside and focus on what you said, what you can change. It's a marathon, not a sprint. When times get tough just remember that you're on a journey for progress, and you're gonna hit roadblocks on the way.

Sometimes when I feel like I'm having a shitty couple of weeks, or a month, I listen to Frank Sinatra's That's Life song. It puts me in a better mood because I've recognized that there have been months when I've been in serious despair, but then I pick myself up because I never quit, and things turn around quickly and get better.

8. @positivefunction You are not a loser man. Keep your head up. These things take time. Get a vision and define what you really want. Then you just work every day to get there. Do whatever it takes. You probably just didn't prioritize yourself and your desires in the past. Do what you like, this will make you more happy and positive and looking to help others. Take action and adjust.

positivefunction likes this.
  9. positivefunction

I really feel now like I can change things. I just hope I'm not too late hahaa.

10. Abmu

Abmu Fapstronaut

Bro you ain't the only one feeling this way, for me it's sort of the same even though I'm in my teens I already am sometimes ready to let go, sometimes I think about od

11. Kick

Kick Fapstronaut

hi man ,I think you are a legend ,because I experience these than worse now I'm age 20 feel depressed ,but really you are a gentle man

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Kick

Kick Fapstronaut

bro ,I like your attitude .I need one too.I want to change my life from the darkest depth of sorrow and loneliness ,a fresh start but can't make it can you help me any advice

13. Well I did end up going to professional counseling to get my head screwed on right. Not to say that I’ve arrived at some point of Nirvana. But thankfully doing better now than this time last year.

Kick likes this.
  14. positivefunction

Will PM.

15. Bman101

Bman101 Fapstronaut

That's great man! No matter what life hits you with, keep on struggling. Fate has a nice way of rewarding effort! In my eyes and I am sure in the eyes of our fellow fapstronauts you are a legend for trying to change your life! Have a good one!

16. Swagnation

Swagnation Fapstronaut

17. Swagnation

Swagnation Fapstronaut

I want to share my opinion on this, on getting a girlfriend. I think it's a unpopular one, as i don't see much people here sharing it, and i don't know if you will agree with me, but here it comes: getting a girlfriend is luck-based. Think about it. You have to come across a person who has a similar personality and who you can interact with in a nice and natural way without having to fake anything. There are so many people on this earth, which means that there's a high chance that you will meet tons of people who just don't match with you, without it being your fault. This doesn't mean that it is totally luck-based, since you still need to be able to have the courage to approach girls and be confident. That are the two things i think matter the most when you want to get a girlfriend. I've been a very insecure and shy person for years, and i learned that that is a huge turn-off for girls. I saw other guys having fun with girls and do you know how they achieved that? They dared to approach girls and act natural around them. And that is what girls like, a natural guy who doesn't seem needy or desperate for them. I've learned that girls notice it when you are trying to get a relationship with them. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, but it is bad when they notice that you are being very desperate and needy for them. I don't know if you act needy or desperate around girls, but i did and it brought me nothing. I hope i can help you a little bit with this advice, as i myself too struggle very hard with seeing all my friends getting girlfriends, while i never had one ij my entire life even tho i want one so bad. Stay strong bro and i hope that you will be happy one day

18. Swagnation

Swagnation Fapstronaut

Dude if you want to talk about stuff, hit me up on this site (i think you can like DM people here or something) because i understand what you're going through. I know what it's like to be unable to do things since i have a very bad eye disease. Your life seems like the absolute worst that can happen to someone, and i understand how hard it must be for you to find a reason to keep going on living.

Strange10566 likes this.
  19. AK_BLUR

AK_BLUR Fapstronaut

don't be a bitch deal with it and start building yourself brick by brick like how Great Monuments were built!!