1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quotes about suffering and humor

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FastingPrayerSleep, Dec 12, 2014.

1. FastingPrayerSleep

FastingPrayerSleep Fapstronaut

A thread for posting quotes about suffering, humor or both.

I have just one rule.

1. One can only post quotes one considers 100% true.

That's my only rule here. I humbly ask for it to be respected.

I feel obliged to say the following!
    Let's get tired and sleep good!

Suffering :(

"Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

- Bob Marley

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

- Helen Keller

Humor ;)

"Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing."

- William James

"Honest good humor is the oil and wine of a merry meeting, and there is no jovial companionship equal to that where the jokes are rather small and laughter abundant."

- Washington Irving

Johnny Bozo likes this.
  2. Whatever

Whatever Fapstronaut

Suffering invigorates, comfort atrophies.

Righteous suffering purifies the soul, unearned comforts polute it.

Suffering awakens the spirit, comfort sedates.

Suffering can restore your sanity, comfort can only make you mad.

Suffering imprints a sense of the tragic upon the soul, which leads to a more profound understanding of the human condition and a greater sense of empathy, while comfort breeds forgetfulness, shallowness of mind and narcissism.

Suffering leads to health, comfort leads to disease.

Suffering builds character, comfort depersonalizes.

Suffering leads to happiness, pleasure and comfort lead to misery.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Johnny Bozo likes this.
  3. purity

purity Fapstronaut

4. purity

purity Fapstronaut

Going to embrace these words when I start my new job! Stoicism will bring us to glory!

5. FastingPrayerSleep

FastingPrayerSleep Fapstronaut

"Suffering imprints a sense of the tragic upon the soul, which leads to a more profound understanding of the human condition and a greater sense of empathy, while comfort breeds forgetfulness, shallowness of mind and narcissism." - PHOENIXZEUS

CORRECT!

Go for glory!!!

I'm rooting for you both!!!

Please root for me!!! I accept silent rooting lol!!!

6. Whatever

Whatever Fapstronaut

:D Yeah wooh-hoo! Go for gold!!

7. GoldenRuleStudent

GoldenRuleStudent Fapstronaut

Christian preaching but it's the realist sermon ever. 5:10 onwards.

[video=youtube;kcvpKlPL2dY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvpKlPL2dY[/video]

8. steez

steez Fapstronaut

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of those depths.
    Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

I really like this one, it keeps me motivated to "find the way out of those depths"...:) and become a beautiful individual!

9. GoldenRuleStudent

GoldenRuleStudent Fapstronaut

Prof. Allan I. Basbaum on how brains deal with pain. His view essentially is "'Pain' evokes more brain activity when attending to pain."

[video=youtube;gQS0tdIbJ0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQS0tdIbJ0w[/video]

"The worst thing for a patient with chronic pain is to sit at home and just think about their pain all the time." - Allan I. Basbaum

10. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

I saw this in a fellow member's signature and I say it to myself when I hit rough patches:

"If you are going through hell keep going" - Winston Churchill

Johnny Bozo likes this.
  11. Johnny Bozo

Johnny Bozo Fapstronaut

This is an example of a humorous response to genetic suffering?

Nikola Tesla Says: "The year 2100 will see eugenics universally established. In past ages, the law governing the survival of the fittest roughly weeded out the less desirable strains. Then man's new sense of pity began to interfere with the ruthless workings of nature. As a result, we continue to keep alive and to breed the unfit."

12. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

13. Pedro Neto

Pedro Neto Fapstronaut

Man how to improve your sense of humour. Any steps should be taken to become Chandler Bing.