1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite actresses

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Bhara

Bhara Fapstronaut

Mine are:
    .Gal gadot
    .Gwyneth paltrow

2. I'm guessing you're asking about professional admiration. I'm really old school when it comes to favorite actresses. I really like Michelle Pfeiffer (Scarface, Batman Returns, Dangerous Minds), Juliette Lewis (Natural Born Killers, From Dusk Till Dawn), Carrie Fisher (Star Wars trilogy), Sigourney Weaver (Alien movies, Ghostbusters) and Talia Shire (The Godfather movies, Rocky)

3. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Gillian Anderson: In anything
    Eliza Taylor: The 100
    Rose Leslie: Game of Thrones
    Emily Blunt: Edge of Tomorrow and Sicario

u376 likes this.
  4. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

I really don't know? I love movies and tv shows, but I'm having a hard time thinking of specific actresses that stand out to me.

I can think of dudes though.

5. Angelina jolie because of being such a beauty queen and playing action movies so cool

6. A girl who watches the godfather and rocky...impressive ;)

7. I didn't know good movies were gender-specific :p but I guess I do have a thing for dark themes in fiction, especially crime and mafia.

8. Well, some movies are gender specific at least where i'm from. I've literally never met a girl including my own family members who likes the godfather, so yeah you're unique lol. :)

9. That's interesting, I just consider these movies to be great cinema and entertainment, regardless of what maybe gender-specific themes they explore. :)

10. Hey, i think that's cool, im just saying its rare. I watch romance movies and enjoy them without an ounce of shame lol, so i agree.

11. Well, each to their own. Let's just say after that stuff she said on Graham Norton I refuse to watch any movie she appears in. I actually prefer actresses with a soul.

Who can say? @What I Do That Defines Me never clarified, all he said was favourite actresses. For someone to have a favourite they need to like them, I don't care for actresses who may be talented but are horrible people.

Anyway, I'd say, Salma Hayek. I admire her for accomplishing what she accomplished despite have dyslexia and being an immigrant. She had to face racism and sexism but that didn't hold her back. Out of all the actresses who've spoken out on #MeToo she's the one who's been the most measured and reasonable. She talked about the importance of angry over the mistreatment, but also warned about not letting anger take hold because staying angry won't bring about anything positive. She's spoken about not demonising all men and even having compassion on men who mistreat women. I like this quote from her: "Men who hate women have to hate themself a lot because they came from a woman". As for her work, she puts in excellent performances in every role she has played and has played a variety of roles.

Someone else would be Natalie Portman.

I'm totally behind this statement she made:

Untitled.png

I don't support boycotting Israel but I don't agree with what the Israeli government are doing. I think she did the right thing for doing what she did and saying what she said. She also seems very down to earth person. I remember in an interview once she downplayed the importance of being an actress, saying she sometimes wished she could be something like a doctor because they actually help people and really being an actor wasn't helping anyone. From what I've read when she was at Harvard she just behaved like a normal student, didn't expect any special treatment and was very nice to everyone there. She's of course very talented... A Tale of Love and Darkness was a work of art! She graduated from Harvard with a degree in BA psychology. Talented and intelligent.

12. Since it was never specified, I think you are free to specify yourself and I think such specification is completely legitimate. I personally can distinguish between an actor/actress portraying a certain character with dedication and authenticity, which makes them a good actor/actress to me, and an actor/actress who also happens to be a likeable person behind their profession. But I think not every actor/actress wants to or is able to share a lot of insight into who they really are as a person, off-camera.

13. Good one! Have you seen The Girl on the Train? She was great in that.

14. Just to clarify, i didn't specify because it can mean whatever you want it to mean. That being said i'd assume you have to at least like them for them to be your favorite actresses...but that just me ;)

15. Yeah, she was good in that. I really like her also.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Lena heady does an amazing job of making cersei despicable
    Gal Gadot made me believe DC could fix it's movie universe
    Scarlett johansson has been good in a lot of roles

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. Ub3rT1m3

Ub3rT1m3 Fapstronaut

JLaw was 18 in Poker House

I like Zoe Saldana - Avatar, Guardians of The Galaxy, Star Trek

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  18. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

i liked princess diaries 1.......and also taylor swift's song "you belong to me"...........i know thats girly .....but still

19. Hm... it looks like she was 18 at least when it came out, but I remember hearing from her in an interview that she needed parental permission to do the rape scene because she was underage. So she can't have been 18 when it was filmed.

Idk, I'm really confused, because I thought she was a lot younger. I vividly remember an interview where she said she was so young that her parents almost wouldn't let her do the movie because of the graphic scenes, but she begged them to and they said yes. In another interview she talks about how she was going through puberty during the filming, so that doesnt sound like 18 to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2018