1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Treasure Trail

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Shave it or leave it alone?

2. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

3. I think he means the hair on your stomach that kinda goes down in a line.

Personally I shave my whole chest + stomach area. I did it once just because I was curious what I looked like shaved, but after doing it I quickly realised that chest hair bothered me. Used to get itchy in summer etc, and was a pain. I just prefer how I feel shaved so I kept shaving. Ultimately I value feeling comfortable over anything else.

So my suggestion is try both. If you've never shaved, try it out and see how it feels. If you like it more for whatever reason, keep shaving/trimming. If you liked it better before, then let it grow back and leave it. To each their own y'know?

Flyhigh likes this.
  4. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

I always wanted to have that trail of hairs from navel to groin area but my body is pretty smooth. :(

5. Same here but if you keep shaving that area, it will grow back a bit thicker - at least mine did. I now have a trail where I didn't have one before.

Flyhigh likes this.
  6. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

Will keep doing the shaving I really want to have that trail.

7. That's a myth, shaving doesn't and can't make your hair grow back thicker.

The reason it can appear that way is two things: 1) hair that has been trimmed/cut/shaved has sharp ends and appears darker, giving the illusion that your hair is thicker/there's more of it. 2) as you get older, you get more body hair. Unless you're in like your 40s, then you're capable of growing more body hair than you were last year, period. So the extra hair you've grown has nothing to do with you shaving, it's just you aging and becoming able to grow more hair.

So OP if your goal is to grow the trail, then you just need to wait and let it grow. Shaving absolutely not help you get it and is a bad idea if your goal is to grow it. Simply let it grow out, then trim any surrounding hair to make the trail itself more prominent. ???. Profit.

Unfortunately peoples genetics are different so its possible you're just unable to grow hair there if you haven't had any luck so far. Shaving won't change that. Your best bet is to wait a few years and hope it starts growing. If you were really desperate you could try something like applying minoxidil there for a year but that seems overkill for a little body hair.

8. There is a difference between anecdotal evidence and controlled studies. True you can't generalize from anecdotal evidence but likewise there will be exceptions and outliers with experimental studies. Anecdotally, from my own experience, shaving every 3 months or so definitely produced a trail but I agree that doing so will not definitely produce the same result in someone else. Nothing to lose while trying.

Flyhigh likes this.
  9. Body hair should be left unshaven and untrimmed IMHO. It is a secondary sexual characteristic and should be left natural.

10. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I like to trim very low ... everywhere :emoji_innocent:

Hair Clippers : Yes
    Razor : No

Flyhigh likes this.
  11. Am using minoxidil on my trail - definite improvement

spot618 and Flyhigh like this.
  12. Agree - using minoxidil also - good results! Trail definitely shows.