1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we all agree that new video games for 60 dollars is a rip-off?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 2, 2018.

1. I seldom ever buy new games. Only ones that seriously interest me. Believe it or not, I've never owned or played Fortnite. Games with serious hype sort of put me off.

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

The cost of production is far less than it used to be. That’s actually going down.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I think the price is ridiculously cheap, considering the vast amount of time and effort game devs have to sink into every bit of a game.

Sarah W will know what I mean, or anyone else for that matter who has considered making a game, (myself included)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    WesternWolf and RainbowShell like this.
  4. This video describes the topic perfectly

5. kyumie

kyumie Fapstronaut

It really depends on the game it self.

Need for Speed Payback should had been €40,- not the full price of €60 "specially with the inside lootboxes".
    Shadow of war "LOTR" a very good epic game and it deserve the €60,-.
    Game I currently play a lot is Warframe which is free on the ps4 but if I should pricetag it, then it would be around €30,-.
    Battlefield V, I don't mind to pay €60,- if the servers are up and running and there are no major bugs on the release.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  6. reborn999

reborn999 Fapstronaut

yeah actually I remember paying 200buks more for black ops 2, and thta was only BO2:/ but man I played it alot , I think when it came out, almost everyone was addicted to it

7. reborn999

reborn999 Fapstronaut

yo imagine fifa, people be spending 1000more on it but now you can just do good without spending fifa points

8. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Fapstronaut

Holy crap. Good thing I'm not into video games.

9. 60 bucks is fair, I was in game development or development of the art, 3d and a few other things. Making a game takes a lot of money and dedication to make, and a lot of people depending on what game that is being made. I can argue that some games that are at 60 bucks are ripoffs but most games that are good are well worth paying the price of it.

Also people forget, the company selling it takes some profit, investors, server costs, money to put into the next project, and taxes. a lot of people have to get a salary so game devs don't really get 60 bucks per game.

So I say its fair.

WesternWolf and tweeby like this.
  10. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

Its important to view the price through the perspect of those trying to make profit aswell as a consumer.
    I think we can all agree that there are many games not neally worth $40 let alone $60 but I would also say there are games worth $80 dollers i.e. Skyrim or GTA 5 which offer many more hours of quality play than most similiarly priced games.
    With the amount of hard work and money going into these games I believe cirtain developers even deserve more money.
    That being said they would be the exception and the trend is to make games akin to fast food.
    As always they charge what they know people will buy so in a way we have already decided as a consumer group that $60 is ok.

Taylor25 and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  11. I always wait a few months and get it for 20 or 30 used. Im patient that way ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2018
  12. I used to get n64 games for $70 dollars back in 2001/2002 so you guys shouldn't be complaining