1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being around people and still feeling lonely

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by RegainingStrenght, Dec 5, 2014.

1. RegainingStrenght

RegainingStrenght Fapstronaut

Hello, I have a question for you guys, when you are around other people do you still feel lonely ?
    I am not sure why i feel like this, can you guys add your thoughts

Thanks
    Michael

PS: I am very outgoing and extroverted and yet I still feel this way

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

Sometimes. I feel depressed right now due to extreme stress at work which makes me feel lonely. But I usually keep mostly to myself anyway since I am introverted. Seems like being depressed makes me feel lonely even when I'm around other people.

3. RegainingStrenght

RegainingStrenght Fapstronaut

The problem is I have a extremly extroveted personality and yet i talk to people and feel like they do not see me or I am misunderstood

4. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Regardless of personality many of us struggle with this. However it's not something that comes up much as people are so adverse to telling how they're actually feeling. A while ago I claimed to my friends that I was struggling with the perception of "lack of respect" on their behalf. Their response was "well we'll respect you even less for saying that!".

Give it time. Abstaining from masturbation (orgasm actually) is a great way to channel sexual energy to other aspects of your life. Over time you may feel calmer, more confident, less self conscious etc. This will come across in the way you present yourself to people and you will be more likely to exert a strong aura. This may change the way people behave around you. However this process takes time and self determination to abstain from masturbating.

5. Vision

Vision Fapstronaut

Loneliness is an interesting phenomenon, not sure what to think about it. I came to like it, in a way, once I started regular meditation.

6. IGY

IGY Guest

"Loneliness is an interesting phenomenon... I came to like it"! Really? Well, let me tell you: IT SUCKS! Loneliness corrodes self-respect and self-worth.

7. Eskorbuto

Eskorbuto Fapstronaut

Well, this it happens to me not only with friends, also with girls. I mean, may be I could have sex with a girl, but knowing that the relationship that I have with her is only sex, it makes me feel lonely. Even today I have this feeling, but with the time and struggiling for your goals, this feeling disappears step by step.

In the end, in my humble opinion, it's important to develop the self-esteem, and feel good with yourself, because in that case you'll express it to the outside and everything will go smoothly.

Kind regards!