1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What God Is

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by soothyeller, Jun 30, 2018.

1. soothyeller

soothyeller Fapstronaut

2. soothyeller

soothyeller Fapstronaut

I know God is like saying I met myself and became One.

3. soothyeller

soothyeller Fapstronaut

A creationist concept of God in the absolute singular Earth we find ourselves on goes against modern science yet I do not devalue the concept of "God" in life understanding terms.

4. soothyeller

soothyeller Fapstronaut

Lol they are using old NASA imagery in the music video above. How cheap.

Skates I have none.

Bye to one too many posts by me in this discussion for now.

5. soothyeller

soothyeller Fapstronaut

Moral lesson of the video?

Work hard and pay your own way. Never get in a car with a stranger.

6. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

A christian final destiny is that actually but not exactly like your version.

7. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

I believe for one to explain God's personality and quality's one need to bring proof.

8. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

And there is plenty of it. Just look at all of these miracuously transformed lives.

9. truthseeker17

hmm these are His signs. But how does it explain Him?

10. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Can you reformulate the question please?

11. truthseeker17

For example I want to know my origins as human being. How did we come here? Why are we here? Who is responsible for it? What is our purpose? Everyone is talking about some higher power. Who is it, what is He like? What proof do you have for it?

All the people are explaining Him and His quality's. But who is right? Who is speaking the truth? What evidence do these people have?

We need to be critical about this. We have the right to ask questions, critical questions about faith, about God about religion. I mean if it's the truth then it will be not a problem.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. tweeby

tweeby Banned

These questions kinda reminds me of a story. . .

Once upon a time there was a boy and a monk.

Hey, did you meet _____, the cute little 5 year old boy? He comes here every Sunday with his parents and he's full of mischief; he's always inspecting a new part of this temple. So the monk began asking him some questions, "Hey, where did you come from?"

After some thought, the boy answered, "I came from home!"

Quickly he added, "Where did you come from before that?"

He looked curious enough but threw his hands up and told him, "I don't know."

Every Sunday he came and every Sunday the monk would ask, "Hey, where did you come from?" And then he would continue to ask him, "Where did you come from before that?"

He's a smart boy. After many Sundays, the monk got him to continue back to the point where he answered, "I came from mommy's belly."

So then the monk asked him, "Where were you before you were in mommy's belly?" Ha ha ha . . . this stumped him.

The first few times, he looked confused, curious . . . as if he was really thinking about it, and he would confess, "I don't know."

Of course the monk kept at it. . . and the next few Sundays, he could see the boy was trying to avoid him, ha ha ha. When the monk confronted him the last time and asked, "Where were you before you were in your mommy's belly?"

The boy stared at monk with big enlarged eyes and screamed with his fist pumped held high in the air, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!! . . . .

-The End

13. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

IMO
    1- God sent us here from His mind.
    2- we are here to be tested.
    3- God is responsible for it.
    4- our purpose is to know obey and praise God and to be transcendently joyful peaceful and loved/loving.
    5- God is, and He is like Jesus was on earth.
    6- because of the lot of testimonies of Him from the beginning of time until now.
    7- who is right? The one with most evidence.
    8- whos speaking the truth? The one who is most desperate to share it.
    9- look #6 answer.
    These are answers in my humble oppinion, doesnt mean i have the truth.

14. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

In reality one might never know Gods real character or intentions, one can see evidence of his current character but whos to say that there might more than that

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. People can transform their lives without God, all you need to do is believe in something but that something doesn't necessarily have to be God.

16. truthseeker17

Actually I claim I do know God, His quality's and what He is like. You guys could bet this. I am a muslim and am convinced of the qur'an as His high and blessed word. In Qur'an He explains himself personally in the very first person.

However I respect other people's opinion too. It doesn't mean I support them tho. Everyone is free to believe what he/she wants to believe.

17. God in a sense can't be proven false nor real. What the concept of God is to me is a awakening where you become your higher-self.

tweeby likes this.
  18. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Are you agnostic or buddhist?

19. Buddhism can be a philosophy more than a religion, personally I don't claim to be certain of any particular God, because I can never prove one over the others. I read the christian bible everyday, I disagree with some of it, the entire book of Ecclesiastes is nothing more than pessimistic crap, yet I find some of the teachings valuable, such as discarding your fleshly nature, seeing with the single eye, having (Christ) a piece of God within you.

Yet I can't be certain anything exists beyond this life, so I live under the assumption that this is the one chance I have, & to live accordingly not hoping that life continues after death.

20. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

You should watch NDE testimonies im sure you will change your view drastically.