1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 days 1000 kilometers bicycle challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by over50, Jun 10, 2018.

1. over50

over50 Fapstronaut

So that this is not just about not fapping - who is interested in a 1000 km (621 miles) in 90 days bicycle challenge?

2. reborn999

reborn999 Fapstronaut

me , but I think working for speed is better, what's the point to cycle that much if you won't sweat that much, I think working into speed intervals are better, idk

3. over50

over50 Fapstronaut

I agree, but speed always depends on the track (I like uphill a lot and then the average speed is of course lower). But you could set your own target including speed, how about that? Let's post our progress here weekly. Maybe somebody else wants to join? Cheers and keep it going!

reborn999 likes this.
  4. reborn999

reborn999 Fapstronaut

I'm going to school with my bike, almost vacation starts, so when that starts, Ill go hard

over50 likes this.
  5. over50

over50 Fapstronaut

First week: 115 km

Headspace likes this.
  6. over50

over50 Fapstronaut

Second week, not good - only 40 km

7. That is still some good going. 115kms in a week is impressive. Goodjob and keep it up

8. tidus

tidus Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

If I had the time and a bike lock to do this, I totally would. I LOVE CYCLING but I'm so busy at the moment. Best wishes to everyone reaching your goals!

9. over50

over50 Fapstronaut

3rd week quite ok 190km (total 345).

Headspace likes this.
  10. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Why just "quite ok"? Sounds great! If you continue your average weely distance like that, you will end up way above 1000km!

11. over50

over50 Fapstronaut

thanks, that's my secret target

12. over50

over50 Fapstronaut

4th week 144km (total 489)

13. over50

over50 Fapstronaut

5th week 191 km (total 680)

14. Prophet of Anxiety

Prophet of Anxiety Fapstronaut

Glad to see someone interested in biking and doing it, I love this sport too.
    I would be very happy to do the challenge with you, 1000 km per 3 months is nothing for me. Everyday, I bike for approximately 30 kilometers (if not more, mainly in weekends, when I do a large bike trip like 50-100 km). In summer months, it´s 1000 km per month, so 3 times more than your challenge :)
    One year, I plan to do an Earth radius challenge (6378 km). That´s 1000 km for each month in warmer weather, or smaller parts in the cold ones...
    Also, a question for you, do you feel like nofap has an influence on biking and in what way exactly?

15. over50

over50 Fapstronaut

Hi Prophet, thanks for your comments. No, I don't see any relation between biking and no-fapping. I just thought, it's more fun to have a combined target. Congratulations on your achievements. I just did a 800 km trip in 5 days, so the challenge actually is more than achieved.

16. Prophet of Anxiety

Hello : )
    I congratulate you for the 800-km trip, my longest route was like 125 km and it took me whole day to get to my destination and then back home. I am planning to do several hundreds km journey with sleeping in tents, but it´s just in preparation. Won´t be achieved this summer probably, but the next one... well, does not matter. True biker can enjoy each route taken ;)
    Now, I will express my opinions on relation between biking and no-fapping. I can be wrong, but it´s what I noticed during several months.
    My biking could be divided into three types: just for fun, for the highest average speed (so for speed) and a long bike trip
    I noticed that when I am on day 0, on the effects of chaser effect, I don´t have that much energy to spend for biking. Thus, I don´t bike as fast as I do like after 8 days. Motivation playes a role too, biking up a small hill can be really challenging while being on a low streak, but when I am on day 13 right now and I went up the hill, I was so motivated that I don´t even know how I smashed that hill! Like an outside force is controlling my legs, biking faster and faster. Another example is competing with other bikers. On low streak, I usually have trouble to hold on with them, so I bike like a coward behind (to avoid wind resistance). With nofap energy, I can actually replace my challenger on the top position and each of us goes against the wind resistance for some time. That´s how it should be.
    I also mustn´t forget the great feeling when I bike just for fun or a long trip, while being on high streak. Incomparable to the biking right after a relapse... but it´s still just my opinion, what I noticed. So to my mind, biking can be great reason to do nofap :D
    Compare your biking while being on days 0-5 and then 10-15. I am sure you will see the difference :) Maybe you won´t feel it at first while biking, but when you look to past, you will notice you´re on a higher level.

Have a nice day and keep biking, it´s a wonderful sport! ;)

17. JouleTrader

JouleTrader Fapstronaut

congrats, I used to bicycle commute. I use Strava and a Garmin 510 to track. I did 40 km per day to and from work. That's 200 km per week.
    It feels great.
    I used to lose a lot of weight (from 75 kg to 67 kg). It is harder to relapse and you get tired so you fall asleep faster and don't muck around with the computer in the still of the night.
    I would recommend anyone to try it (considering safety, of course)

18. I don’t have a bicycle, so could I participate with an exercise bike in the gym?

19. Prophet of Anxiety

@JouleTrader It is wonderful when you can replace traveling with a bike. You save little money (for the gas to your car) and your time (you would go at other time, but you don´t have to, since it´s already completed). If you can work after it, it´s excellent, I don´t have that luxury :D
    Exhaustion after it is great to avoid PMO, but also makes me so tired that I have trouble staying up all night, usually fall asleep even behind computer :( What I found useful, is a small nap after biking, it helps a lot.
    Keep doing the good work, both no PMO and biking : ) Have a good day.

Of course you can, sport is a great choice to spend energy instead of PMO, and while on nofap, even more energy :cool:
    In this case, however, how would you turn 1000 km into your exercise bike? Any idea? Mine is, 30 minutes to an hour a day, with a break when you can´t do, for example on Sunday :) Good luck, you must have a lot patience to do this, staying in one place I wouldn´t find interesting...

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. I usually do it while watching a motivational video on YouTube. My favorite channel is Impact Theory. Most of the time the episodes run from 45-50 minutes so I peddle non-stop until the episode is over. Other times I’ll go longer; the longest distance I’ve done non-stop has been 48km.