1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it too late for me?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Zephon, May 28, 2018.

1. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

When I look to the couples around me who are in my age I think sometimes that it is too late for me.
    The reason is I had never have a true girlfriend for a longer period. Every friend I've met had at least a girlfriend for a long time - in contrast to me. And most of them who are in my age have a girlfriend now for the rest of their life. They have the experience of their old relationships which I don't have.
    I got only two girlfriends in my whole life (when I was 20 and 19), but it kept just 2-4 weeks and then they broke the contact without reason - the typical behaviour that they don't know what they want. After that I decided never taking a girlfriend anymore, even my parents didn't like this idea - but I don't care. Then I met women who seemed to be interested to me but I didn't take the chance - either I didn't notice it or I didn't give even a try for it. Most of all I thought, I don't need it, I want to focus on what I want to do later after study and a girlfriend would be barrier for my carrier. Sometimes if I wanted to check out a woman I like, people around me work against me, so that I don't get her - I have also to deal with people begrudging me having a attractive girlfriend.
    And now the women don't take notice from me anymore. Some of them felt even disgusted for unknown reasons.

All in all I never had true experiences with women and don't have them.
    And I never met a person in my life who is like me inexperienced in relationships and got suddenly a girlfriend for the rest of their life.
    Did I take a mistake during ca. 6 years and longer, that I didn't want a girlfriend? Can these women smell if someone is single for that long? Is it now too late for me because of my lack of experience?

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  2. Bijuu107

Bijuu107 Fapstronaut

Hey dude,
    I had never relationships too. Not even 2-4 weeks long. Because i couldn't even talk to people. I,m 22.
    Since we talk about longer periods xD; i'm thinking it,s okey not to know how it works or to be scared. If you meet a good girl she will have to accept you like you are and reversed. People don't show us but many people even with long relationships are afraid too from something and that's okey.
    Don't think as if you have to know it. Say it loud you don't know and it,s okey.
    That's how i think.

I hope i could help you somehow

Potato93 likes this.
  3. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Social skills are not directly co-related with LONG term partners. Sure it helps, but the real factors that come into play are sooo many for a relationship to succeed. Even 10 year+ couples can end their marriage some day, its all relative.

I had a co-worker that dated a lot, and now is married. He had lots of GFs until he found his sweetheart, but.... yeah, cant really be sure if the marriage is going to be forever, only time will show. But each of his past gfs always seemed as if it would be "THE ONE".

Good that you had 2 GFs, I could have had one in high school if I wanted (At least the girls there seemed really interested) therefore, I think that its not happiness...
    - "I have also to deal with people begrudging me having a attractive girlfriend."
    true, that sucks as well. some of this people can even end your relationship and get trouble for you if they are really envy as well.
    Good luck mate, I feel you.

primaljade likes this.
  4. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

I had this thought when I was young, that such kind of woman comes along sometime. But it never happened yet.
    In the past the problem was that some women prefer men who have experiences in the case of relationships - and are no virgins anymore. They didn't mention it directly but the way how they talk to you give enough explanation that they put you into the friendship-zone.

Thats true. That happend to some of my friends too. They believe this relationship they have is the best and then 1 year after marriage it collapsed.
    Believe me, when I look back to them I think I wasted a lot of time and nerves.
    Sounds like they wanted just sex and ask for a relationship because they didn't want to earn the title of a bitch. Just like my ex-girls.
    I've considered to move out from my home-country to a better place (seriously the mentality of the country makes me sick sometimes), so that I don't have such bunch of idiots around me anymore. But this process will take more time. During my time at university I have enough time think about where I want to go.

Potato93 likes this.
  5. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

First you need the ability to date tons of girls (not necessarily having sex with all of them though)... Then you can screen for ones you want long-term. Good matches are very few and far between.

Stop thinking that success is having a decade long string of 2-3 year long relationships, one after another, that's simply poor judgement and a huge waste of time to find someone good.

With your focus on career, you don't need some girlfriend to worry about moving in with you and all the baggage with that. Go find a busy FWB or two that you connect with, there are plenty of girls who need space and don't want some boyfriend to order them around (outside the bedroom).

Zephon likes this.
  6. Bijuu107

Bijuu107 Fapstronaut

Yeah it,s true that some women prefer guys with experiences but not all are like this. It sounds hard but if we focus to much on the same thing and it don't happens. It frustrats us ever more. Many people fall in a gab if the relationship ends. I don't want to say that it,s good to have no relationships . Just have patience with yourself and try to look on the other points of live or imagine do you would realy want a girl that judge about your experience even if you just wanted ever to make the best out of it.

Potato93 and primaljade like this.
  7. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

It's never too late

8. unbroken

unbroken Fapstronaut

9. unbroken

unbroken Fapstronaut

lol dont mind my last post. anyways dude u sound like your going full MGTOW. never go full MGTOW. try to look at the glass half full dude. i noticed u look at your friends in envy. don't do that either. Just be positive and work on yourself man, it will pay off in the end.

10. Gervacio

Gervacio Fapstronaut

Fue el

Ánimo busca vivir la amistad, aprender a ser in buen amigo, es decir, a amar de verdad, tu lo puedes hacer, eres capaz, amar es una desicion de la cabeza no de los sentimientos, amar es hacer cosas buenas en favor de aquellos con quienes vivimos. Intentalo una y mil veces u saldra.

unbroken likes this.
  11. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

Thanks bro, I do my best.
    Well that is good to hear, that I don't need experiences in this area. Thanks god.
    Can do dates when I move out of my country because in my sourounding there are still these dickheads who begrudge me getting/having a girlfriend.

@unbroken I had to laugh at the video you posted :D I try my best to avoid MGTOW, I think that's the problem I have actually.

@Gervacio learning to be a good friend... in the worst case you land in the friendzone. It happened everytime in the past.
    And yes, living with that what I have is that what I actually do all the time. I have to get rid of my broken mentality...

unbroken likes this.
  12. Ok, I am 27 yo virgin. Never had a gf and friends in my life. Never kissed a girl. Never hug a girl in my life...

When I call pussies people that complain and whine about not having successful relationships or being depressed becasue they are virgins when they are just 20 yo, people say that I am being a jerk...

Ok, I am a jerk... Basically these people make us old virgins looking like hopeless losers. And I am the one being jerk.

Do you understand now my point?

Deleted Account and u376 like this.
  13. I was a virgin and never really a kissed girl at 27 too. but that changed with some luck and 60 day hard mode streak without knowing about nofap forum. Streak contined till like 120 days and then broke off.

Anyway I was a virgin till 29 and became non virgin during my 267 days hard mode. So man you cant complain if you broke off your streak. Keep the streak for how long needed to change your life.

I know few people who never masturbated in their life and lost their virginity at 15 years of age. So yeah, saving up sexual energy helps for sure. The only way is to keep working for your goal. Luck can come into play but nothing can beat work.

Potato93, Deleted Account and Zephon like this.
  14. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Yeah me too, Im from Brazil... People here are dumb as fuck.

15. Sempre podes vir para Portugal. Andam muitos brasileiros por aqui agora xD.

Potato93 likes this.
  16. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

Well then you didn't check out one of the german-speaking areas - their mentality gives pure cancer.

Another thought came up in my mind that makes me a bit depressed: I've met very attractive women, but when I talked to them I figured out, that they were already taken. That happened very often. And it makes me depressed because I get the feeling the best women are already taken. That makes me worried.

Potato93 likes this.
  17. Gervacio

Gervacio Fapstronaut

[QUOTE = "SoloMan, post: 1494438, miembro: 217380"] Semper podes vir para Portugal. Andam muitos brasileiros por aqui agora xD. [/ QUOTE]

18. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Taken is a strong word... you say that because you haven't seen the divorce rates. Lol
    But I get you, its always sad to hear that when you're looking after a stable relationship in your 30s. My personal trainer is a hot dude around his 30s and just got out of his 2 year old relationship as well, so yeah, trust me, woman think the same. Try to be the BEST men for them instead...
    I mean, I always maintaing a little doubt about another couples happiness even if they appear to be perfect in public. That helps me deal with those thoughts and I end up forgetting that girl in specific. Sometimes if the girl is really friendly I even try to maintain a bond and make a new friend if possible. That pisses every boyfriend ahaha (but do that carefully to not end up in a fight)

Depending over the culture of your country, guys and girls are really apart in nightouts. Its difficult to find mixed gender social groups.

Zephon likes this.
  19. whoami33

whoami33 Fapstronaut

Its too late to be 21 and have a girlfriend or 22 or 25 but its not late to have a girlfriend when you are 26 and dont make it too late for it too if you want to have a girlfriend.

Dont force finding someone but dont just sit there and wait forever i am single myself too but im changing my mind.

20. superstorm250

superstorm250 Fapstronaut

I know how you feel, I’m almost 25 and have never had a girlfriend, I have been on one date and it led to us hooking up though, so I have a little bit of experience but that happened 3 years ago and haven’t had anything since then.

At this age, it’s a pretty hopeless feeling though, mostly because I feel like it can’t happen now due to the fact that most girls view inexperience as such an unattractive quality in a guy, and it’s also indirectly ruined chances for me due to me making mistakes because of it.

I also hate getting asked by people about my dating/love life, I just got asked about it yesterday at my seasonal job that I do every year and I was asked by a girl that used to like me last year (she was underage at the time) and a girl who I used to like and I’m pretty sure she liked me (I fucked it up though) and they both have boyfriends now. When they asked why I don’t have a girlfriend, I said that I care about money more than that and jokingly played it off that I’m too greedy to get a girlfriend. They tried to poke some holes in that excuse, but it worked for me to dodge any more questions about it and saved me from being forced to reveal how inexperienced I am. I’d rather come off as a greedy prick instead of a total loser.

determined488 and Zephon like this.