1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting from 0 again

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by nex, May 28, 2018.

1. nex

nex Fapstronaut

So I just relapsed today, feeling pretty bad. I just couldn't help it.
    It was my first attempt and lasted 14 days. Here we go again...I honestly thought I was going to last longer.
    Any tips that you can please provide? specially after a relapse?

2. Huga

Huga Fapstronaut

identify the way u tempted and try again buddy, don't give up its a part of the game we all have relapses it teaches you how to do better next time.
    don't make it relapse so serious often it makes things worse if you focus on your relapse instead of standing up and try again with a greater motivation

Music, I'm currently listening to this :rolleyes::cool: its all peace and sincere integrity inside of me right now (idk your taste on musics try sth that makes you feel special), journaling here and sharing your thoughts, doing fun things everything that distracts you from feeling sad about yourself
    it's a wonderful journey try to make hobby to come by here and help others too, it gives you the power to better keep up

nex likes this.
  3. nex

nex Fapstronaut

Thanks Huga! I am just hanging in there, and really enjoyed the jam. I guess relapses are part of the process but I am not going to give up!

4. switex

switex Fapstronaut

Relapsing is a part of your journey. I relapsed once now im back up at 37 days. The best thing i do to kill those urges is to punish your self. Do pushups for example. Or go outside walk your dog, do chores, study, read a book that you like. Start meditating. Meditation helps. I tried it so far so good so give it a shot. Listening to music is also a good thing to do. Well try to clear your mind i know its hard but try your hardest and everything will be okay! Good luck

Bijuu107 and nex like this.
  5. nex

nex Fapstronaut

Thanks switex! I am trying meditation and will try your other recommendations. So far so good, only 7 days though but I need to switch my mind when that urge comes

6. Bijuu107

Bijuu107 Fapstronaut

I believe in you and i hope you will get it out!
    Tips after a relapse:
    Take the first day extremly seriously, make more sport as usually, my body screams for more after a relapse. I,m not stronger after this, i,m weaker and i have to look that i don't do it twice or more and YES it make it worse!
    The Problem:
    People who starts it from begin have most of the time a low will. Why? Because it's their habit not to do much and yes many have social anxiety. They don't have much on what they can hold. No good habits...
    The Plan:
    Building up life. Replace bad with good habits. Connections help, getting friends helps extremly. Open yourself to someone too. Talk with someone , let it all out and get some energy.
    When you have make good habits, it will give more energie and distracts you beside this you will have a good experience. Every good experience builds up on the other and you will have it everytime easier to make a good habit and when you do this, you will have everytime fight less against your drive.
    When you make it seriously, search for an sexual consultant.
    You can search for the sexaholics and follow the 12 steps.
    Not just holding on also building up.

Hope i could help!Sorry for my english.