1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Alcohol

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by hope breath meditate, May 18, 2018.

1. hope breath meditate

hope breath meditate Fapstronaut

I just wanted to know whether drinking alcohol affects our nofap journey?
    I read it somewhere that drinking alcohol may become a trigger for your relapse.

2. I think that if you drink enough to get a hangover, you are at a high risk of relapse.

3. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Doubt it, but everyone is different.

4. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Well alcohol can affect your decision making process if you drink too much. You feel a lot more carefree about the future. You feel good and you want to feel even better.

"Just a tiny relapse won't hurt right?"
    "I'll take care of becoming a better person and getting the life that I want some other time."
    "Fuck it."

If you choose to continue drinking, then just be more aware of what could happen.

5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Drinking too much can also cause your dick to stop working until you sober up... Can’t relapse if you can’t get a boner. :p

LEPAGE likes this.
  6. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

This is true.

7. TurtleBrah

TurtleBrah Fapstronaut

I think two shots should be a limit, anything more and anything could happen.

1 shot strengthens your mind, 2 sends you into a sort of introspective place and after that you're just drunk.

Also I have this quote, not sure where it's from.

- A man who has more than three shots and isn't drunk is an alcoholic