1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about facebook these days?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by RobbyGo36, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Lord of the Ocean

Lord of the Ocean Fapstronaut

Don't do anything you don't want known by the entire world on there and it's whatever.

Gotham Outlaw and Taylor25 like this.
  2. That is exactly why Facebook and the social media don't mean anything but attention grab. It's can cause people's lives at risk somehow.

3. Lord of the Ocean

Lord of the Ocean Fapstronaut

I mean it is how some people feel connected and it can be good for business or to spread a social cause, actually it is necessary for that this day and age as people are living digital lives so like unless you are a hermit who doesn't want to be involved in the world just use it with discernment and don't ever use it while drunk or blasted on drugs.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Its interesting to see this thread now, as just a few hours ago I decided to stop using the main site as it was a massive source of unintentional triggers and has contributed to relapse many times. I never had anything sexual on the main newsfeed, but my suggested pages would always seem to be sexual in nature and it only seems to have gotten worse in recent months. As time would go on the triggers would accumulate and eventually I would snap and relapse, honestly its this slow build-up of small triggers that I believe to be more damaging than the hardcore stuff at this point. I've also decided to stop visiting certain news sites because of the possibility of softcore images in the thumbnails.

Thankfully I can still keep in touch with people and completely avoid the newsfeed via the messenger website, so in a sense I'm not really missing out on anything. Still wish I had done this way sooner though.

Gotham Outlaw and RobbyGo36 like this.
  5. I stopped using facebook 2.5 years ago. Initially it was to avoid all the triggers and the PMO fodder. Over time I realized that what I had thought were positives of facebook were actually justifications to stay on the site. For instance, I always told myself that it is a great way to stay in touch with friends. But now I see that I was not really keeping in touch with them, but in a way keeping tabs on them. Now when I think ``I wonder what so-and-so is up to?'' I write this person an email. Then they respond, and it is personal. Back when I was on Facebook I would search for them, read their profile in 20 seconds, and it would be over. I guess my overall feeling is that instead of bringing us closer, Facebook seems to depersonalize communication and to raise barriers between us.

Of course, I come on here, but the goal is not to ``keep in touch with people.''

RobbyGo36 and LEPAGE like this.
  6. it is what it is. every app you use, asks for permission to record audio etc. basically to spy. i happened to talk about stuff to people when my phone was off and it would come up as suggested in my phone when switched back on. it is not just facebook

btw to be honest i am not a fan of social medias. i use some social medias only for work and for facebook, i rarely post on it and i mostly use it to get in touch with people i hang out with and friends that got back to their countries