1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feel alone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Aravind35, May 11, 2018.

1. Aravind35

Aravind35 New Fapstronaut

Im now 21 there no love in my life not even having conversation with a girl . I am have small cicle of friends , not even having single girl friend.

2. shezraan

shezraan Fapstronaut

It seems we are on the same boat dude - I'm totally unable to speak with gurls, and my have I failed in trying to explain that I'm weird.

What advice can I even give, hmm...

Do stuff that you like. You'll immediately know this when you find yourself doing something for hours at an end and feel satisfied when you stop at your own will. Of course, you'll know when it's draining - pmo ends up doing that, and you'll have to trust your gut.

Talk to your friends - they're always there to help! Respect their opinions, and have an open mind - you are bound to meet people interested in sharing their experiences if you are genuine and honest to yourself.

As for girls, perhaps realise that they're open to friendliness but not to stickiness - they'll appreciate you if you give them some space, so instead of trying to approach girls with the intent to date, treat them as you'd treat guys I guess.

Don't trust me, I am some random dude inthe Internet!

3. TealKoala

TealKoala Fapstronaut

I can empathize with what you are feeling aravind35 but am not sure what advice to give since you say very little about yourself in this post. All I can say is that 21 is not as old as it feels right now and love isn't a race. Do you know why it is you want a girlfriend? While it can be embarrassing not having one most likely you are the only person judging yourself for it. Become happy with the person you are regardless of your love life then put yourself out there in social situations and you will meet women.

4. akrivane

akrivane Fapstronaut

Hello Aravind35,

I understand what you are saying and going through. There are a lot of people actually who feel lonely, and thats because we keep to ourselves. And those who are not lonely, they go out there and do stuff they like, and meet other people. Now meeting other people is not enough if u continue keeping to yourself. I read a book recently about shyness, because i was trying to fight some aspects of my shyness, and it was saying you have to make deliberate effort of building friendships that come your way.

And yeah 21 is okay for not having a girlfriend. I know wat you mean though. Because when we keep to ourselves, we feel like having a gf/bf, that person will be the one we will tell everything, do everything with, ..
    And i have noticed that when that person hurts you, it becomes too much to handle. Because we were relying on that person a lot.

So it is better to rely on yourself for making yourself happy, and adventuring, and having many people you share your happiness with.

Courage.

shezraan and TealKoala like this.