1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex while on Re-Boot?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Mesteh, May 10, 2018.

1. Mesteh

Mesteh New Fapstronaut

Im very new to this, started my first official reboot just a day ago. I am doing this specifically for my sex life and how it affects my partners emotions directly as well. With that being said, anyone have any advice?
    Should I stay away from all sexual activity?
    Does it help to have sex while rebooting to keep the need to release at bay?
    Personal experience??
    I have a very deep sexual dynamic with my girl. Although very understanding, we are both very new to this idea of my "Problem", so any advice or tips are appreciated!
    Thanks!

ChangeMattersToMe likes this.
  2. Hi Mesteh, and congratulations for taking the first of hopefully many, many steps into the right direction!
    From my personal experience, there is no alternative to starting out with a 90 day hard mode reboot, especially if you experience PIED symptoms, as stated in your other post. The key is to come to terms with your "need to release", to learn how to keep it under control in a way that allows you to abstain from P. But don't fret, while this may seem like a chore at first, it's actually an opportunity to grow and mature and reconnect with your girl in a way that you may not have deemed possible before.
    Take a deep dive on YBOP, especially this article about the chaser. I'm struggling with chaser induced symptoms like being irritable or scatterbrained to this very day, even though I'm more than two years clean. Use your head start of 20 years, compared to me, and make it count!
    Wishing you all the strength you need,

Change

hope4healing and CowardlyLion like this.
  3. letsrun

letsrun New Fapstronaut

Hi Mesteh
    I was gripped by your post because I have the exact same question. Having started my no PM streak a few days ago I'm really unsure how I will respond to having sex and O with my wife (we havn't yet). I do think that I will try in standard mode rather than hard mode. I have had DE issues with my wife but not PIED. And I have found it quite easy SO FAR to quit P. M is harder. And once O comes into my life again through sex with my wife, I wonder if my M and P urges will grip me once again? And how will this all influence the the brains chance of rebooting..?

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  4. Sex with your gf should be fine. It may prove difficult if you have PIED.

5. Tan3110

Tan3110 Fapstronaut

If your husband has pied try kerezza it is based on no O just closeness when me and my husband did it. he made me O but didn't indulge him self (although my husband has never had PIED) it is suppose to help and relieve any pressure from not being able to perform.

usernamenaive and Trappist like this.
  6. Here2learn17

Here2learn17 Fapstronaut

I’m about 7 weeks into no p and no m but having sex with my SO. I think it’s fine personally. You are reinforcing that sex is suppose to be enjoyed with a person you love and respect and are taking out everything else. It’s definitly easier than no O at all and my SO has enjoyed the up tick in sexual encounters and I feel like our intimacy has already improved.

If your having sex every day that’s not good that’s still addiction in a different form. But 2-3 Os a week or less is what’s generally considered to be healthy.

7. usernamenaive

usernamenaive Fapstronaut