1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie says hey

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Al_pk9, May 6, 2018.

1. Al_pk9

Al_pk9 Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

I have an aim to improve my life closer to what I would like to be in my prime. A little background about myself, and why I am here: I have been training in my chosen profession for the last 3 years. This past year I'e been on placements in remote, unstimulating environments, and was in a long distance relationship also. I began to feel low several months ago now, and masturbation began to creep in as a kind of nightly ritual. At this present point I stand at about a 2-5 daily count, and all is not well. I lost the motivation for my training, I broke up with my girlfriend and I am in no way acting like myself.

I believe masturbation is a component of what is 'doing me in', leaving me feeling low, anxious, lacking sleep, isolated, all of which are feeding into each other. It's just one aspect of what I'd like to change in my life but I feel it's an important one that can lay the foundations for a bounce back. I'm particularly interested in any link between masturbation and emotional/mental health. If any of you guys have any similar experiences It's be great to hear from you.

Regards

Alex

2. TurtleBrah

TurtleBrah Fapstronaut

A lot of people turn to PMO when life sucks. It is not the answer!

Al_pk9 likes this.
  3. Al_pk9

Al_pk9 Fapstronaut

One of the biggest lies going I kno!