1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety/Panic Withdrawal Thread

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SteveMquaid, Apr 16, 2018.

1. SteveMquaid

SteveMquaid Fapstronaut

Things will get better. I’m on my first streak and I’ve felt horrible the process is extremely slow

n0bdy likes this.
  2. Legion7

Legion7 Fapstronaut

Gonna have to ditch the weighted blanket. Even with air conditioning it's too dang hot. I'll keep searching for a workable sleep solution...

3. Pastoress

Pastoress Fapstronaut

Thank you

4. SteveMquaid

SteveMquaid Fapstronaut

Sorry it didn’t work out for you man! Do you live down south? I live in the Northeast and when I bought the blanket it was cold up here

5. Legion7

Legion7 Fapstronaut

I live in the Pacific Northwest. Still pretty cool here. I slept without it last night and slept pretty well, but had "hints" of anxiety during the day. Today, overall was a 7(!) which for me was a great day.

6. SteveMquaid

SteveMquaid Fapstronaut

My anxiety and depersonalization seemed to come back with a vengeance over the last few days. I had a slip up with nicotine and that’s probably what’s causing this

7. Pastoress

Pastoress Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear that. Glad you were able to say something about it. Good luck!

8. Legion7

Legion7 Fapstronaut

Work through it! Don't fall back if you can help it. I think I'm towards the end of the tunnel. I can see light, so my fingers are crossed. I'm sleeping slightly better finally, and my anxiety has been under control for a week now. Had z few twinges but chewed them back and they were gone.

You guys can do it too! I'm nobody special, and the support here is/was key. I realize that it will continue to get better for a long time, and I may have more setbacks. I look back at 3 months ago and I'm finally getting some of my life back. I would say I'm at 80% of where I want to be. I read some of my journal from the start and it really reads like I was near death. I popped 2 kidney stones from all the stress, too. I'm going to stay here on this thread, both because I'm not "cured" yet, and I also want to help you guys out too. Stay strong everyone. I'm starting to feel the "better" part, finally.

9. Pastoress

Pastoress Fapstronaut

I am happy for you @Legion7 Keep on keeping on.

I am having trouble getting myself to my bedroom and ready for bed. It’s like this tremendous resistance. It’s far more intense and frequent than normal. I read once that a monk/nun struggling with sexual fantasy was sometimes prescribed to stay awake at night and keep vigil. Maybe this is just my spirit following suit and keeping vigil. Who knows, right? The drowsiness is starting to catch up to me though and I am going to put more effort into helping myself wind down and get to bed.

I am also noticing improvement as I have more days in a row without PMO. When the urge shows up my mind remembers that I have choices. The urgency of the urge is almost tamed by the reality I am learning, that I can choose to focus myself elsewhere.

10. Legion7

Legion7 Fapstronaut

Good for you! Try the warm chamomile tea approach and a boring paperback. I sometimes watch old sitcoms like leave it to beaver or andy griffith show. If THAT doesn't put you to sleep...lol

11. Pastoress

Pastoress Fapstronaut

I like the warm chamomile idea and then add in something relaxing...

12. Legion7

Legion7 Fapstronaut

Warm tub works great, too...

13. SteveMquaid

SteveMquaid Fapstronaut

Feel free to post updates daily for support. We’re all in this together!

14. Legion7

Legion7 Fapstronaut

Got 1hour of sleep last night. Wife woke me up with her cell phone. So mad I didn't get back to sleep. Hating life today.

15. SteveMquaid

SteveMquaid Fapstronaut

I’m the same boat as you were in yesterday today. I’ve been working double shifts all week because of the prom season. Got 3 hours of sleep and feel like I’m dreaming

16. Pastoress

Pastoress Fapstronaut

Trying to move forward vocationally, but there are so many unanswered questions about it. I look forward to the time when I can say how this chapter of my life works out.

But! I find myself very disturbed as I remember my Dad’s passing last year and as I face anticipatory grief regarding my Mom’s illness. I resent that she has so little will to live. She persists incredibly and phenomenally, but she lacks caring about it. I hate it. And all this along with MO withdrawal contributes to some impressive mood swings and difficulty calming myself at night. Hmmm...M was my calming technique oftentimes hmmmm

I have been a bit shocked at how stepping into this community has changed my capacity to resist my desire for M and to replace it with other behaviors. It is good. Thanks be to God.

17. Legion7

Legion7 Fapstronaut

Stay strong. It's hard sometimes. After my father passed away 3 years ago and the dust settled I asked my mom "what do you want to do now?". She said "I want to be with your father". She passed 9 months later, and not easily. It was one of the worst times of my life. I leaned on my wife and friends, a lot. I'm now a couple of years out and I finally have some peace on the whole thing. Be there for your mom, but take time for yourself to get out of that situation to be yourself. Try to still live some of your own dreams, and try not to let the bad, depressinv stuff define you. It's really hard to do. I know. But don't lose yourself in the bad, try to look for the good...

18. Legion7

Legion7 Fapstronaut

I must have finally hit my wall because I got 9 hours last night. A new record for my last 3 months. Try to sleep sooner and longer, my friend...

19. Mike1991

Mike1991 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I hope that you don't mind me posting.

I just wanted to say that I am attempting a hardmode reset. Really hoping to work on myself, and be a better person in general.

Never been a social/outgoing person, but when it comes to the idea of going out or meeting friends, I just get scared. It's not a great feeling, but I am sure it is attributable to PMO.

Pastoress likes this.
  20. SteveMquaid

SteveMquaid Fapstronaut

Welcome. I was going through the same issues that you’re having a few weeks ago. Things will slowly start to get better week by week. Keep your head up man! We’ll all get through this together

Inkpot and Mike1991 like this.