1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do when starting a relationship isnt practical?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Glex, May 2, 2018.

1. Glex

Glex Fapstronaut

Hey all,

I recently came back from college and I am in a weird place right now. I don't know where I will be for the summer. Possibly at home, possibly out of state. I really want to pursue a relationship while I am home, but I know that it doesn't make any logistical sense to do so. These are always the periods that I am most tempted by pmo (which I know I have done some mental flirting with in the past few days). Does anyone have any recommendations of what I should do while I cant start anything serious?

2. Abird

Abird Fapstronaut

Who says you can't have a relationship when you don't know where you are in summer? Just make sure the person you're getting a relationship with knows it. Communication is key!

CowardlyLion and Headspace like this.
  3. Glex

Glex Fapstronaut

I just dont personally think it would be fair to start something that I know wont be able to last. I also have never been in a relationship so that might just be me playing games with myself. I guess at least trying to meet people wont hurt?

Drift likes this.
  4. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

It never hurts, and yes, if there is nobody you might build a relationship with at hand, you are indeed playing games with yourself a bit, i.e. asking highly hypothetical questions.

CowardlyLion likes this.
  5. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Technically you could die today or tomorrow, so you might as well just enjoy what you can in the present.

Hitto and CowardlyLion like this.