1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you believe you attract people like you?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Karimtolstoi, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

Hello,
    Do you think men attract women who are like them?
    What are your arguments?

2. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

idk about some kind of metaphysical attraction that is kind of soul bound or some kind of energy between you. But i think all it takes to know someone is a conversation, and from that it's usually enough of a consensus to tell whether you'd get along with that person or not. Sometimes, i'm sure we've all seen someone and just felt like they are perfect, or have some strong desire to just want to spend more time with someone. Maybe thats this weird aura thing were you could just get along with this person. But other than that, im not sure :)

3. manimlonely

manimlonely Fapstronaut

For a man, I think it's about the moment you meet and the problems you have at the time. It's just the thing that you don't force relationships, connections between people, you just do what you have to do and all the good people will come to you.

I mean, you just randomly meet the person, either a guy or girl, if he/she/it relates to you, your problems, your lifestyle, so be it. Do something with that. Your friendship will grow on it's own, with no efforts. Friendships like these automatically give you better endurance in life.

Oh, and don't trust that crap about someone being totally opposite of you or same as you. Just search for people that aren't caging you and have great intentions with you! Of course, you shouldn't cage other people too...

Hitto and pezzer like this.
  4. Abird

Abird Fapstronaut

What crap?

5. manimlonely

manimlonely Fapstronaut

That you should be with someone that is totally opposite or totally same as you... The magnet effect.

6. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

In short, Yes, I believe you do attract people on the same "vibe" as you. Not necessarily with the same interests or hobbies.

That's not the same as you being attracted to someone of a different vibe. That can happen too. But my general observation is that people who aren't on the same frequency one or both people will feel off and it won't work out. Friendship, family, lovers, colleagues. Doesn't matter. Same outcome.