1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do I do about my life?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Lonewolfpt, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Lucid Kazekuro I understand what you are saying. I can choose either to stay paralized and get in a deeper hole in my life or fight and make small changes in my life. Your correct. But you make it sound like its the easiest thing to do.

Its hard to deal with all the bullshit that comes. That its inside my mind. Regrets, sorrow, pain. Being hurt. Fuck that.

2. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

In reality it sounds SIMPLE. Those are the ones which are right in front of us, whispering everytime you begin to doubt yourself. They want attention since that your bad habits have been taking control.

3. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

What do you mean by those? Negative thoughts?

4. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Try writing out some affirmations and tell them to yourself every morning. Write out who you want to be, what true success looks like to you, how you want your day to go, how you're going to act. Whatever you want really, but make it positive. Repeat that to yourself every morning. I do that and I know that for me it's been nice to have a constant reminder each day of who I want to be. Sometimes it's easy to forget, but with a daily reminder it makes it easier.

Write some quotes down with your affirmations as well. Something inspiring that will encourage you and pump you up for the day.

Here are some that I read:

1. The moment you take responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you can change anything in your life - Hal Elrod
    2. Where you are is a result of who you were, but where you go depends on who you choose to be - Hal Elrod
    3. See things as you would have them be instead of as they are - Robert Collier
    4. There is nothing noble about being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway

I know it sounds kinda cheesy, but once I started doing this it really made a difference for me. It might help you too. Good luck, don't give up!

5. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

That last quote from Ernst Hemingway is great!

Yes I will definitely do that. I am trying hard to find the adequate affirmations and quotes tho. I am working on that. Pray to God ( or something more powerful than I) for inspiration.

I just feel so angry because I lost 5 crucial years of my life with my ex. Flushing down the toilet.

Not improving myself because for the first time in my life I felt comfortable and cozy with someone who supposedly loved me. What a dumbass I am

6. now, now ,what did I tell you about being self critical you know that answer

PhattyPatato and Miguel Rocha like this.
  7. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

I really need to work in self talk. I feel like there is a lot of work in front of me. But that's okay. I will try.

Miguel Rocha likes this.
  8. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Have a look at this
    This will not motivate you
    But this will convince you why semen retention is important

Lonewolfpt likes this.
  9. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Sexual transmutation ☺

I didnt knew the mental benefits of semen retention. I am a big fan of semen retention. My desire is to NEVER waste my seed in PM. Only in the future with a loving woman.

Thank you for the share brother.

Deleted Account and u376 like this.
  10. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

The way I wrote sounds confusing now that I'm re-reading it. Let me reformulate. When our bad habits are in control, things and situations that are seemingly simple frighten us and we prefer to not take any action towards it. But why do they possess that much impact you might ask. It's like this, your brain is utterly unbalanced from years of zero discipline and high reward attitudes that require low effort. Those attitudes amount up later on as anxiety, laziness, impatience, loss of focus and such. Feelings like these paralyze you because it's your instinctive response to a new set of events or anything that your mind haven't experienced lately. It's registered with potential danger, auto-pilot kicks in and you lose control. The mind needs to survive and also protect the body. When I mentioned the word THOSE I wanted to elucidate that simple things which may improve significantly your life are sending signals which puts your brain on fight or flight mode. Those moments that if embraced can balance once again the chemicals that run your responses to daily stuff.

11. Gooding

Gooding Fapstronaut

Please try

Lonewolfpt likes this.
  12. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

"brain is utterly unbalanced from years of zerodiscipline and high reward attitudesthat require low effort. Those attitudes amount up later on as anxiety, laziness, impatience, loss of focus and such"

I "love" this. Because is so accurate, is so true. I have aknowledge this fact just recently. But i dont think its just me, its also the majority of my generation.

All society is based in instant gratification. Social media, fast food, fast food music, the internet, shallow social relations.

I am trying hard to change that: physical exercise at home daily, reading books to educate myself, working hard to chamge my self talk, studying, embrancing a spiritual relation with God. I am trying hard.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  13. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Thank you for the video brother. Once I have the time, i will check it out, take some notes and reply you properly.

14. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

And i forgot to mention, Lucid Kazekuro, how I am changing the way I deal with sexuality. In the past (Pmoing) i associated sexuality with feelings of frustration, revenge, lust and self depreciation.

I am still trying to adapt to all this changes in my life, they are so many. I just regret the time wasted .

15. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Awesome video!

This Awesomeness Fest thing looks great. Definitely worth checking more videos and information. Thanks!

16. Gooding

Gooding Fapstronaut

I am glad you watched it...

Lonewolfpt likes this.
  17. That helped me a lot I don't bring it up enough I don't force my religious views on anyone but getting back to God and getting away from the crap of the world helped a lot breaking out of my depression your well on your way lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt likes this.
  18. Evolve1973

Evolve1973 Fapstronaut

Hey mate, i'll give you some real simple strategies and offer some insight. Past present future goes like this, we think about our past we become a record of our past. 65000 thoughts a day, 2000 we are conscious of, 95% are the same as yesterday. When we look back at our past with gloom, we become depressed. Now the future, when we are a record of our past problems, we speculate the future as more issues...hence anxiety. Ok you get me... past misery... = depression, future unknown worries = anxiety. learn to live in the present moment... not easy though. Read this book
    Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
    Book by Joe Dispenza

Meditate every day, don't miss a day..guided meditations from youtube are the best. This will eventually ( after 8 weeks) retrain your brain to de stress, to think better.

Get the ZEST app on your phone, and use it everyday, and read other peoples gratatude on their. After 2 - 3 weeks you will really start to improve if you try the

So in summary

get the book
    meditate
    zest app

Lonewolfpt likes this.
  19. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Another book to add to my book list. What is that app for?

20. Evolve1973

Evolve1973 Fapstronaut

Zest app is to begin a daily routine of grateful mindset. Rewires Neuro pathways to help with addiction

Lonewolfpt likes this.