1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling lonely but surrounded by people

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Newlife793, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

Anybody else feel lonely while on Nofap? I never feel this way with pmo. I have plenty of friends, I’m not in an intimate relationship right now because I really don’t want to be, trying to get my life started right at the moment (I’m 22) ...it’s just an overwhelming feeling of loneliness right now. One side of me is telling me not to worry about women at the moment because you have other things to take care of first, and another side of me is telling me to go and get one right now. It’s awful lol

xeon1993 likes this.
  2. Drift

Drift Fapstronaut

Right there with you and fifteen years older. Get a really solid group of friends together and cherish the time you all spend with eachother is my only thought.

I have some friends where I am, but I pretty much feel like I’m on an island and always will be, which sucks. I also fell (and fall) in love with an unavailable person (people) and that is a completely painful and useless thing to do.

Highly recommend getting focused on a person in your present moment and putting time into being with them.

Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  3. A47YB8311R019K3X

A47YB8311R019K3X Fapstronaut

Was in the same position as you (and even age I guess) and I also decided to not go for any relationships instead I focused on myself.
    I don't regret that route if you really dedicate your time and effort into improving yourself & ignore your inner desires (looking for love etc.) it can definitely be worth it.
    What could help is cutting off everything that might disturb you (don't go to any dating sites, even out of curiosity!).

Alk346 likes this.
  4. Alk346

Alk346 Fapstronaut

As my previous therapist said, to be your own best friend. I was (and some degree still is) lost and don't have much direction in life but truly investing in yourself pays off eventually.

5. xeon1993

xeon1993 Fapstronaut

You are describing my life story.

NoFap is a great way to fix shit in your life, therefore be happy about yourself and everyone wants a man who is happy with himself from the first place. That doesn't mean fake happiness.

From statistics, there a lot of people feeling the exact same thing as you at the moment. Even those who are in meaningless relationships in which lacks a connection between two. So relationships won't fix your loneliness, if you can not get in touch with your inner self and make inner peace.

So, try to not worry about that during NoFap and focus on yourself. Upgrade your version.

Drift likes this.